New ambient/down-tempo album: Time/Illusion

My new album is out now, titled Time/Illusion. It is a laid-back, ambient/down-tempo album that has been nearly 4 years in the making.

Posted Image

1. Time of Illusion

2. Patterns in Chaos

3. Tishallulé

4. Time of Genesis

5. Time of Dreams/Illusion of Form

6. Illusion of Truth

7. Illusion of Structure

8. Illusion of Time

Three tracks, "Time of Illusion", "Time of Dreams/Illusion of Form" and "Illusion of Truth" are available on my website: Veracohr.com in 128kbps MP3 and Quality 5 Ogg, as well as on my Myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/veracohr.

The album will be available for sale in a few days from CDBaby.com, and eventually at iTunes, Napster and a variety of other download sites that CDBaby submits releases to. This apparently can take up to a few months before releases are available on those sites.

This album has been an interesting journey for me. I started out with a fairly clear concept after a certain discussion with a friend over drinks. Over time, the project has changed, both because of the time period involved (and my ability to keep my train of thought), and because my own tastes in music changed a little during the course of making this album. I started to become much more heavily into goa and psytrance shortly after beginning work on Time/Illusion, and I think as a result, the latter part of the album is a bit more "psy-chill" or "psybient" than the beginning. However, I wouldn't go as far as to call it "psybient"; it's somewhat less overtly psychedelic and a bit more mellow.

Trance has been my passion since I became interested in electronic music, and I still make trance, but this was a special project that I found challenging and fun. And I have already started to have preliminary thoughts about another release in the ambient arena.

--Veracohr

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to your myspace page right now! Very nice so far (only on the first track)

Nice sound, I find it very psychedelic to my ears especially the oscillating sounds.

It's definitely on my wish list but I'm not buying anything on the internet until the start of next month I might need a timely reminder (hint hint ;)) as CD baby is not a site I regularly check.

Nice cover, nice track titles lush mellow sound.