looking for a mixer/pre-amp sound card

my home studio has been expanding a bit over the last year and now i need a usb mixer/pre-amp/sound card (i think?!?). basically i want a mixer that has inputs for 2mics & some synths (i have two at the moment but planing on getting some more). also wound like to have control over the eq of each input on the mixer and have some fx like reverb. from the mixer i want want to go into the computer (Via usb) so i can record in, then i want the sound from my computer to run out to the mixer then my speakers.

just wondering what options i have and what people wound recommend?

my home studio has been expanding a bit over the last year and now i need a usb mixer/pre-amp/sound card (i think?!?). basically i want a mixer that has inputs for 2mics & some synths (i have two at the moment but planing on getting some more). also wound like to have control over the eq of each input on the mixer and have some fx like reverb. from the mixer i want want to go into the computer (Via usb) so i can record in, then i want the sound from my computer to run out to the mixer then my speakers.

just wondering what options i have and what people wound recommend?

http://www.zzounds.com/item--MACONYX1620 has firewire, but sounds like the one you are talking about. I think Behringer has a USB version that does similar things.. Check out the ZENYX from them. :)

well for the money you ll pay for a mixer like that or a little more

you can get a soundcard with 2 preamps like a motu ultralite or a rme fireface 400

then get decent eq plugins or an uad card with the eq and comps on it or a liquid mix

the resulting sound according to my experiences is much better

unless you really have high quality outboard stuff and know exactly how to use them, its really better rather to mix in the box. Those plugins also with their presets makes you learn how to set these up, shows you templates.

these are all choices though

for the sake of putting all these eq control right under your hands may be better suited for you

it may add more to you rather than the sound quality, you may find that mixer sound even better who knows...

but even if it is the case I would still get some really decent plugins and a nice controller like uc33e and map the eq s to knobs and still you can reach them, you just have to work more when you re starting mapping these things and such, and different eq s would be different colors so there would be matching sounds from one of them for you...

I am an analog freak mostly, but have found out that, if you cant replace the plugin with a much better SOUNDING gear, you might as well just not do it.

I try and keep my sound sources all analog (not all of them though I still love some va) and my synths outboard, as for me it is really dull to control and make sounds on a synth with a mouse or control all of them with the same layout. Different synth interfaces and sound engines and converters make me synthesize different sounds. But for eq s, I tried some yamaha mixers, some outboard eq s and the resulting sound was really far away from what I could achieve in high quality plugins. I still add more outboard stuff though, with listening and judging if it there to replace some plugin.