Vision of the Light

waveshapist

Hi all,

I have my latest completed work with a youtube vid showcasing my poor graphic design skills.

and a 192 mp3 download.

Thoughts, feelings, feedback, all very much appreciated.

http://www.4shared.com/file/40839708/8dfa5...ght_192kbs.html

Hi, sorry about this, coming soon is a youtube video, I am changing the video, so I will bump the thread when it is done :-) sorry cheers

Have a nice one.

WaveShapist

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

This Is Pretty Cool Stuff!!!

Although There Is Not Much Of A Video To It. :lol: :wank:

Anyway, Good Stuff Keep It Up.

Just A Quick Question, Is The Bassline Supposed To Be Quiet Like That?

I Would Bring It Up Just To Fill The Beats With The Bass.

Just A Thought.

Thx

Hi Mate,

yep, definitely not much of a vid, I have tried again and again to remake it. I don't know where I am going on my visual side. actually I have no idea what to do, and how to go about it.

about the bass... hmm, yep, maybe the level can be raised a bit. I appreciate the feedback and will do a test mix sometime this week when my ears are fresher with the bass a little louder.

I am using a program named quartz composer to try and make my vids. do you have any other ideas?

cheers

Do You Also Use That Same Program For The Audio?

What OS Are You Running?

If Windows I Would Recommend FL 7 Or 8.

It Has Been My Favorite For About A Year And A Half, But Thats Not Long So You Can Imagine How Much I Use It. :P

I Started Out Slow On eJay, But Got Bored With All The Limitations.

Even Thought There Are Still Some In FL I Still Use It Like Crazy.

The Synthmaker I Am Not Sure I Know How To Create A Synth.

Meh, Maybe I'll Learn. :lol:

Hi mate, I am running a macbook pro with Ableton LIve 7 for my audio. I do not use illegal soft. I own a license to everything in my toolbox. On top of Abe LIve I am using 2 top market AU synths, a good filter, and some great eqs and compressors.

What I really need to do is buy a much better audio card. I have a mackie and I do not think the DAC converters are any good. Currently I am investigating a Motu Traveller.

Also, I might have mentioned, but I am producing without sample packs and presets. I am making all my own sound design, everything in my tracks, all sounds, reverb, eq, compressor settings, I have created from scratch.

I think youtube very much so compresses the audio. I place one link for a 320 kbs mp3 here if anybody is interested.

http://www.4shared.com/account/file/408400..._the_Light.html

love music, life...

Always

Cheers

Wow Awesome!

I Would Love To Get Some Experience With Ableton Live.

And You Create You Sounds From Scratch. How, I Mean What Methods Do You Take For Producing Something Totally New

Not Just Modifying Presets And Such.

I Have Been Looking At Some Of The New Hardware Products On The Market Today And There Are A Couple I Want To Try

To Learn But Money Is An Issue For Now He He He. Here Are Some Links Of The Products:

http://www.korg.com/gear/prod_info.asp?A_PROD_NO=EMX1

The New Yamaha Product, Not Sure of The Name.

And Other Stuff I have Viewed On Youtube.

There Are A Few New Vids There Too.

The Korg Eectribe Is The Main One I Guess.

:lol:

laters

Hi, nope I am just software synthesizers and sound design right now. i might buy a hardware synth eventually, right now like I said, I am saving up for a new audio card... mine from mackie is just not up 2 par.

as for sound design. shucks I guess I started with the book " how to make a noise " and progressed through five. currently I am reading, " computer sound design and synthesis techniques and programming " with other books on my list.

to make cymbals and open I htz i am still layering samples with full plans to move to complete synthesis of those soon...

closed hi htz for me are usually coming off triangle waves,

kiks from sine waves,

claps out of white noise...

and for the rest of the virtual instruments in my tracks, pretty much anything goes, I use saw, sq, pulse, I actually have thousands of wavetables on my machine I am working with.... Wavetable synthesis is my prefered method. Although I am very much into Waveshaping synthesis as well.

the korg electribe looks pretty nice though.

Cheers