Vibrasphere - 102 miles from here

snowball

2AM is nice...but its not what am looking for....that cool bassline... :(

Exactly, not so similar... Haven't heard anything that sounds like the Vibrasphere track your talking about.. Or i just can't think of any right now... Let you know if i fall over something ;)

Vibrasphere - 102 Miles from Here... sounds like an electro bassline to me. In which case, you really shouldn't have a hard time finding similar basslines, though it would seem this is the wrong spot for it. I would suggest any Ministry of Sound compilation from the last 5 years.

Vibrasphere - 102 Miles from Here... sounds like an electro bassline to me. In which case, you really shouldn't have a hard time finding similar basslines, though it would seem this is the wrong spot for it. I would suggest any Ministry of Sound compilation from the last 5 years.

Yeah maybe but the rest of the track isn't really similar to electro :) That i've heard of anyways. 102 MFH is a mix of the genre's from what i can hear.. But im not THAT much into electro, knowing the whole scene, so i won't disagree with you if you say there's similar stuff there :)

Yeah maybe but the rest of the track isn't really similar to electro :) That i've heard of anyways. 102 MFH is a mix of the genre's from what i can hear.. But im not THAT much into electro, knowing the whole scene, so i won't disagree with you if you say there's similar stuff there :)

No doubt, almost everything is a mixture of genres, and 102 is quite distinct from most synthpop/electroclash/whatever-you-wanna-call-it but the bassline, at least to me sounds completely electro. The track sounds like electro-house but without the synthpop if that makes any sense. On an emotive level it is completely different to most electro-house, which is alot like glam-rock. This is more proggy I suppose. All the above is very subjective and all IMO of course.

But the bassline, could be right out of alot of mainstream electro-house tracks.

No doubt, almost everything is a mixture of genres, and 102 is quite distinct from most synthpop/electroclash/whatever-you-wanna-call-it but the bassline, at least to me sounds completely electro. The track sounds like electro-house but without the synthpop if that makes any sense. On an emotive level it is completely different to most electro-house, which is alot like glam-rock. This is more proggy I suppose. All the above is very subjective and all IMO of course.

But the bassline, could be right out of alot of mainstream electro-house tracks.

That's true, the bassline is alone alot like some electro, but when you mix it with the rest it will work very different than a bassline from electro if you understand what i meen? in my oppinion of course :)

But serious, your explanation, thats why i don't want to be so aware of what genre is what, everything is a mixture almost, alot of acts have their own style or "genre" if you'd like, so i usually ignore it and just listen to the music :) The whole "what genre is what" is all just very confusing to me :)

That's true, the bassline is alone alot like some electro, but when you mix it with the rest it will work very different than a bassline from electro if you understand what i meen? in my oppinion of course :)

But serious, your explanation, thats why i don't want to be so aware of what genre is what, everything is a mixture almost, alot of acts have their own style or "genre" if you'd like, so i usually ignore it and just listen to the music :) The whole "what genre is what" is all just very confusing to me :)

It is confusing to me too, even though i'm the one trying to make a distinction here. Which is really why people have a problem with the immense fracturing of electronic music in the first place.

Really, you could assign each and every track its own genre if you wanted to. When it comes to division, the sky is the limit really. You just have to ask yourself if you are making distinctions for the sake of effective categorization, or if you are doing it for genre snobbery.

On that note, its really anti-synthpop-semi-minimal-electro-prog-trancy-house. :D

It is confusing to me too, even though i'm the one trying to make a distinction here. Which is really why people have a problem with the immense fracturing of electronic music in the first place.

Really, you could assign each and every track its own genre if you wanted to. When it comes to division, the sky is the limit really. You just have to ask yourself if you are making distinctions for the sake of effective categorization, or if you are doing it for genre snobbery.

On that note, its really anti-synthpop-semi-minimal-electro-prog-trancy-house. :D

:lol:

Exactly what i mean :) I gave up long time ago... I think in big messures when i HAVE TO categorize.. i have psy, darkpsy, fullon, progressive, electro, house and minimal.. Thats all i need for my musical taste :)