Starcade - Chandelier

Otto Matta

+1,000,000 to that. This is a great piece of work, Per. Can't wait for your EP release :)

Thanks, Billy. I really appreciate it. Just one more track, which is taking a while, and some major touching up in general, and it'll be done. Bought a field recorder recently, and am hoping to get some good material for the final track on a road trip this coming week.

Meanwhile, I'm losing patience waiting for your latest masterwork, the one that's going to blow minds like Scanners. It really is uncomfortable waiting for it.

Thanks, Billy. I really appreciate it. Just one more track, which is taking a while, and some major touching up in general, and it'll be done. Bought a field recorder recently, and am hoping to get some good material for the final track on a road trip this coming week.

Meanwhile, I'm losing patience waiting for your latest masterwork, the one that's going to blow minds like Scanners. It really is uncomfortable waiting for it.

That's great news, Per. Can't wait to hear your field recordings. Where are you going on your trip? I guess I should say where did you go since you're probably traveling already.

Heh, I'm losing patience with the track, too. I know how I want it to end, but it's just a matter of getting the last transition to fit with it.

• 7 months later...

I've actually made it a New Year's resolution to release an EP this year. How I do that, I don't know exactly, but that's the goal. If labels don't want it I'll do it independently. Should be fun! :D

Hem, where are you now? :D I want it badly!!!!

So far, my favourites are in order of liking:

Chandelier - of course, this is THE magical track, and one of the best I heard in 2008.

A Storm Called Destiny - what a track! From a dark atmosphere to sunshine. Great finish.

The Birth And Death Of Civilization By Acid Fire - very nice shift from Chandelier.

Karma Olympics - cheerful and very good use of the female voice.

Sun Om Beach

Rainbow China - damn, it reminds another song, I think it is a rock song... or perhaps a pop one. A bit repetitive. Things get upbeat a little, good!

The first two tracks of the EP are more minimal and introduce well the following tracks IMO. And sure, I like all of them...

Is it also possible to have/hear your other more dated tracks? I saw that you made at least 5 more tracks before these ones.

Hem, where are you now? :D I want it badly!!!!

So far, my favourites are in order of liking:

Chandelier - of course, this is THE magical track, and one of the best I heard in 2008.

A Storm Called Destiny - what a track! From a dark atmosphere to sunshine. Great finish.

The Birth And Death Of Civilization By Acid Fire - very nice shift from Chandelier.

Karma Olympics - cheerful and very good use of the female voice.

Sun Om Beach

Rainbow China - damn, it reminds another song, I think it is a rock song... or perhaps a pop one. A bit repetitive. Things get upbeat a little, good!

The first two tracks of the EP are more minimal and introduce well the following tracks IMO. And sure, I like all of them...

Is it also possible to have/hear your other more dated tracks? I saw that you made at least 5 more tracks before these ones.

Wow, that's really flattering, GGT. What a nice feeling. Well, yeah, this album has been delayed and delayed; it's so easy for life to get in the way, as well as psychology. I spent several months in the autumn going back and editing/updating the tracks (have you heard those? you might like Rainbow China more now - I do, anyway, and I think it will open the album), and then got all caught up in buying my little home and other things. My equipment is all pulled apart and in boxes still. I want to go over everything one last time, because I'm a perfectionist bastard who still doesn't quite know what he's doing yet, and some things need serious work. And I've realized that taking my time with it and letting it be what it wants to be is better than rushing it - you only get to make the first one once. At the moment I think it's possible to have this thing in some studio or other for mastering by February, after which I'd like to see if a little label somewhere would like to take it on. I have the feeling that if I had to promote it myself it would die, and I don't want that to happen. Anyway, it's REALLY helpful to hear encouraging remarks like yours. So thank you. I'll PM you regarding earlier tracks.

And thanks, Xpandoz. :D