03. 7:29 Mystic Machine

04. 6:34 Sarah Tonin

05. 6:59 Spaceshifter

06. 7:50 Funky Kangaruh

07. 8:31 Do It

08. 7:07 Outer Body

09. 6:29 Electromatic

10. 7:17 Dusty Lizard

This is Ralf Knobloch & J�rgen Kassel�s 3rd artist album. I really enjoyed Xplore the Wild Side, so this should whet my appetite. The cover art is cool, with 1950's era alien craft invading Earth. Some may say that really happened. Some disagree. However, if you have a better explanation as to how George Bush is the president of the free world, I would love to hear it.

Crazy on Chocolate- I hear ya boys, I love me some chocolate. Why just the other day I...never mind. A driving beat starts us off with some dirty leads and a good pace. Those leads continue right through the break, as another lead forces its way to the front. There isn't a lot of melody here, it's just to let you know that the Rastaliens have arrived. Good track!

Hidden Signs- "I didn't mean to scare anyone off, but these are bizarre dimensions of extraordinary power and beauty." This is pure full-on, with not a lot of variation. This just goes straight at you, with its galloping bass line and simple leads. Average track.

Mystic Machine- "Well like the man says don't take life to seriously. You'll never get out of it alive." Is that Bugs Bunny? I think that was Bugs Bunny. Points awarded for using him in track. The bass line rumbles as psy sounds stick and move. The short melody that dominates is quite emotive as other metallic leads scrape within earshot. Good track!

Sarah Tonin- Haha, I get it. I dated a girl named Sarah once. She had this great set of...values. Anyway, funky bass and a stutter step lead, that's what you get. Groovy! I like the skittish sounds that seem to retreat from whence they came. Good track!

Spaceshifter- I can't explain how I know, but I think this track is going to be the star of the album. The sounds come from the darkness and the leads dance about nervously. This is a frenetic track that ominously holds court in the way that Xerox & Illumination have been doing lately. The acid picks up and helps to create and absolute dance floor bomb. Awesome track!

Funky Kangaruh- I always thought kangaroos were funky. The way they hop around and such. The bass line has purpose as it meanders, while slight percussion ups the funky factor. Metallic leads come and go, but this is a pretty by the numbers track. Pounding, but nothing special.

Do It- Various Alien sounds precede a bass line and the synth line comes in to drive. Some acid splashes are present and that kick is thunderous. Scary feel to this track, as if the aliens are landing. Pretty good track!

Outer Body- The bass line jumps in immediately with a smattering of an acid touch. I like that, get on with it! My toe is tapping as more metallic leads join the fray. I think that is a 303 in the background, but I'm not sure. The main synth line at the end is so nimble that it cannot be corralled. Great track!

Electromatic- This one is standard full-on without one distinguishing characteristic. I'm not saying it's bad, but we have heard it all before. Average track.

Dusty Lizard- With a house-like shuffle this track begins. There are some dissonant tones and this thing chugs along, but doesn't impress me. It's kind of like he ran out of gas, and just threw the last 2 tracks on there to give us a nice even. Average at best.

In Summary: This was a pretty good album. I think it is a worthy follow-up to their 2nd release. It is very dance floor oriented (surprise) and combines a pounding kick, aggressive bass lines, and plenty of good synth lines to focus on. Sure it is full-on, but I feel it is well done. The cover art as I previously mentioned is very nice and goes along with the style of music. Most of the tracks are very good with a couple of fillers. I can recommend this to fans of intelligent full-on and the acid freaks. If I had to pick one improvement I would like to see, it could maybe be some more variation and more melodies in some of the less strong tracks. 7/10

MDK

• 1 month later...

mediocore

rastaliens has always been ahead on it's time with freestyle and 2003 release,

this isn't so didn't really fulfilled my expectations,

then again can't be the best every time

C'mon man, you must admit it has some nice ideas in it... not all tracks are great, and the sound is just a little bit to thin imo, maby not enough variation in the tracks, but i think some of them are very nice and creative .

C'mon man, you must admit it has some nice ideas in it... not all tracks are great, and the sound is just a little bit to thin imo, maby not enough variation in the tracks, but i think some of them are very nice and creative .

true, it's still better then the rest compared to other morning fullon...