Technology Blows My Mind.....

Nokturnal

Below is a post on a thread I started on a message board for a DJ mix. It's from a fella on a boat out at sea at this very moment... and it again makes me realize just how connected we are as a species because of technology. The internet is such a powerful creation.....

Sick, Sick, Sick -

As I write this I am in a tugboat doing an assist job off of the Coast.

Heres the situation:

Large container ship, lost steering hydraulics we hooked up last night, and are now putting 22000 Horsepower to the water to pull this thing to safety. two caterpillar 3616 diesels are screaming at 105%. (thats over 145DB in the engine room)

So we have a 24000 Watt stereo with like 30 speakers above to blast dampening sound waves to quite it down. In addition to dampening it can play music over the noise, at the same time. Right now we are smashing through 50 foot swells, the rookies are barfing and we are all listening to this mix.

As I have swayed to the green side - I saddens me that we are burning diesel at the rate of 14 gallons a minute. (faster than a garden hose can deliver) But break up a 1000 foot container ship on the rocks and see what happens, so I guess this is the lessor of two evils.

And thanks to Globalstar - i am streaming this on a satphone. So at least we are doing it all in style I love technology

I love it -

later - mdmf007