Title: Advanced Options Vol. 2

Format: CD Jewel Case

Label: Agitato Records

Release: February 8th 2007

Track listing:

01. 7:34 Wizzy Noise Origami

02. 7:53 Bamboo Forest Partial Shape

03. 6:56 Space Buddha Loud & Clear

04. 7:14 Xerox & Illumination The Vision (XI Remix)

05. 6:54 Toast3d Foundation

06. 7:36 Bio-Tonic A New Day

07. 6:16 Cyber Cartel Supersonic

08. 6:42 Beat Hackers Make U Dance

09. 8:41 Protoculture Peakabo

First up is Wizzy Noise (Mickey Noise & Dimitri Uriel from Greece) with Origami (2007 rmx). This is the remix off their last album Sabotage Part II with the..ahem "healthy" young lady on the cover. Anyway, this is very driving without a lot of variation. The break gives you a breather, but we are quickly back in full-on mode. I found this track average with no real direction.

Bamboo Forest brings us Partial Shape. Nice atmospherics to start with a dirty synth to carry us. This is definitely sunshine music. Nice track!

Space Buddha wants to make it Loud and Clear. And he does, with a nice bouncy bass line. The break sets us up with a metallic lead that flirts with goa tendencies. Sweet! This one had my toe tappin'! Recommended! :posford:

Moshe & Amir (Xerox & Illumination) have a Vision. A remix of their track The Vision. These guys have been stepping it up on their last 2 albums so I look forward to this one. This track starts out simple and picks up elements along the way. Ahhh, and there is that sweet, sweet acid lead. So tasty! This is how it should be done! :clapping:

Toast3d (Eyal Arbuz & Ezra Arangi) have built a Foundation. I didn't get to hear their EP, but I liked several of their other tracks. We get right into a crawling arpeggio that makes me want to dance. The leads just keep on coming and batter you with a wall of sound. The buildup at the end is tantalizingly meticulous, the finale lurking around the corner with yet another lead. Great track!

Bio-Tonic (Julien Lecoq, Jerome Lecoq & Julien Brizard) want to bring us A New Day. I missed their latest Klash, but I plan to remedy that soon. This track is pretty powerful, more so than I'm used to from them. With a pounding kick, a relentless bassline and crafty synthlines, this one is a mover!

Cyber Cartel (Vic Shefi) is going Supersonic. I liked some of his tracks as Intergalactic so... let's see what's up. Powerful full-on, that's what's up. I didn't care much for the chorus of Supersonic, but the rest was pretty good.

Beat Hackers (Guy Peled minus Miki Bibas) wants to Make U Dance. I am always leery of tracks that don't spell out the word "You" as if club trance is too cool for me. This track starts of slow until the break reveals a running synth and scratchy lead. But when Make You Dance is repeated over several measures of this train, it's time for me to get off. Meh. I can take or leave this one.

And last but most definately not least, Protoculture (Nate Raubenheimer) drops Peakabo (Spinal Chord Rmx). This guy is so good at making Psytrance I am really looking forward to this one. Is that supposed to be Peakabo? Anyway, we have a driving beat with leads and squishy sounds all over the place. Where this track (and Nick in general) shines is in the break. He flows effortlessly into it and then hammers his way out of it. Great track!

To sum up, I liked this comp. You have 4-5 great tracks and 2-3 very good ones. It shows me that Protoculture, Xerox & Illumination, and Space Buddha can make great psytrance without bending towards the clubby pitfall.

Favorites: 4(!) 3,9,5,6

MDK