Talamasca - "Obsessive Dream" (Mind Control)

Guest The Journey Man Project

Talamasca is the main project of Cedric Dassulle, a french Dj who began to play in 1992 in Paris. After being resident of the Rex club in 94/95, he decided to make his own productions under the name of Talamasca, and released his first album on 3D Vision in 1997. Since then, he's playing his live act all around the world, and gives sometime some dj sets under the name of Dj Lestat, his first name as a dj. More than 100 tracks have been released on the best labels of this style of music, but Talamasca will surprise you here with his fifth album "OBESSIVE DREAM", with the quality of the sounds he put there, and by mixing those groovy rythms, those uplifting melodies,and those full-on parts he became famous for, all together with his unique atmospheres...

In this album, you'll find also, in the tradition of Talamasca's albums some collaborations...and not with "anyone"...you 'll find here the Talamasca remix of what will become for sure a "classic" of trance, the track called "IMAGINARY FRIEND" made in collaboration with SKAZI, a track made with SPACECAT called "On purpose", and for those who remember the last collaboration of those two artists, "armaggedon", they know that those two artists together are doing great tracks...and this one is above all expectations...and then a third track made in collaboration with dj Gogo, one of the Mind control Dj's, and with Dj Spawn from the band who has created the surprise of the year 2006 with their album "warning zone", released on Mind control : XSI !

Tracklist:

* 01. Talamasca - Obsessive Dream

* 02. Talamasca - Get It All

* 03. Talamasca - My Destiny

* 04. Talamasca - Feelings

* 05. Talamasca - Supernatural

* 06. Talamasca - Flashback

* 07. Talamasca - Overload

* 08. Talamasca - Spiritual Renewal

* 09. Talamasca - Party Generation

* 01. Talamasca & Spacecat - On Purpose

* 02. Talamasca & XSI & DJ Gogo - The Good Team

* 03. Talamasca & Sirius Isness - Breaking the Matrix (Remix)

* 04. Talamasca & Skazi - Imaginary Friend

* 05. Talamasca & GMS - High Vibe (Live Version)

* 06. Talamasca & Shagma - This isnt a Mistake

* 07. Talamasca & Eskimo - To be Continued

* 08. Talamasca & XSI - Frenchman in Tokyo (Remix)

* 09. Talamasca & Yuman - Ambient N Roll

http://www.mindcontrolrecords.com

am abig fan of his work so this will be a must...

the one with Yuman looks good... have loved Talamasca' ambient works... wish he'd do an entire ambient album :)

I've been listening to this album all day, and it's absolutely fantastic.

Definitely one of the best releases (in my opinion) I've heard all year.

Sound quality is top-notch, and the whole album flows very well, maintaining a good sense of cohesion.

If you like full-on psy, you'll love this album.

I have been listening to this album every day since I got it a few days ago. It all flows together smoothly like telling a story. Great melodies and grooviness. I wanted to do a short review on it, but I couldnt find the image on photobucket, or discogs. Ill just wait until some one else does a review, and then comment. Obsessive Dream is alot better than Made In Trance IMO. B)

Japan got it first as usual. I picked it up last week. Disc one is great Talamasca work and the remixes and such on disc 2 are surprisingly solid too. There are a few I'm not so keen on, but Lestat manages to fill out the "weaker" (in some people's opinion) points of some of the artists that were involved in the remixes.