Jam & Spoon - Find Me (Odyssey To Anyoona) EP 12"

Lemmiwinks

A1 Find Me (Odyssey To Anyoona)

A2 Die Kraft Der Vier Herzen

B1 The Tribe

B2 Odyssey To Anyoona

Jam & Spoon have a very contrasted history: on one hand they were among the pioneers of trance with Stella and their remix of Age of Love... but later on they've signed up singer Plavka and started making pretty commercial tracks that passed on daytime radio... Well on this EP both origins show: Find Me would be a great track if it wasn't for the singing on top... but B2 Odyssey to Anyoona is just that: an extended instrumental version of A1 and it's GREAT!! Almost 10 minutes of pure bliss, but also a SAD track, actually the bassline and general feel of the track is very similar to another early trance classic: Humate - Love Simulation. Ah those were the days ;)

Die Kraft Der Vier Herzen and The Tribe are nice instrumental tracks... but not classics... 8/10

PS Markus Löffel (the "Spoon" in Jam&Spoon has died in 2006 RIP)...

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Cosmogenesis

A1 Find Me (Odyssey To Anyoona)

A2 Die Kraft Der Vier Herzen

B1 The Tribe

B2 Odyssey To Anyoona

Jam & Spoon have a very contrasted history: on one hand they were among the pioneers of trance with Stella and their remix of Age of Love...

Lemmiwinks, those two hits you mentionned there are synonym of a lot of emotional memories. :) I have those two tracks on a very old techno compilation I was listening ten years ago, and they remind me the time of the first tracks of BBE, LFO, Laurent Garnier, Capricorn, and also Robert Miles... :rolleyes:

The old good Trance & Techno scene, what is happening with it. It was the best time.

In the past the DJs had many good ideas, they was creative.

But at the end of the 90's, they lost his brains. :lol:

Now, the Trance & Techno scene is boring, especially the german scene.

• 2 weeks later...