Not a review

abasio

Sorry but that review thread has been completely destroyed thanks to stupid comments about an straight forward comment by Melancholy Man.

He said this was one of the best albums ever. Why the hell should he have to put IMO or my favourite ever? Are people here really so dumb they can't notice a subjective comment? Hell reviews are always subjective, it's your taste you will judge it on. Show me an objective review & I will show you a review I haven't read because it was probably too boring to.

If I read that Melancholyman has said this is the best album in history I'm not automatically going to reorder my opinions am I? No I will take it face value that what he is saying is what he thinks, not what I think. Damn I wish people would think for themselves, and those that do I wish they would stop thinking other people are trying to force their own opinions on them.

PS

this is not really a reply to Buzzman, nothing refers to you, Buzzman was just the last post in the review thread that I think has gotten out of hand. There is only one review and the rest is meaningless bullshit about one comment in the review. I hope a mod cleans that up soon.

Dude, read what I wrote in that thread now, hope that explains why I don't like those comments...

<edit>

before it gets deleted too soon, here is what I wrote:

relax, man, I didn't want to step on your toes with that comment ... don't take it too serious please...

(although the essence, that I probably wouldn't get it if there was a best music album ever, is true per se ... but anyway)

I said this for a reason. Regularly I have made the experience that the people who tend to call stuff "OMG BEST EVER!" are not serious about it and three months later once the "hype" has subsided they have another "BEST EVER!". And well, I got a picture of you being a deeper and more serious person than these shallow ones and that I'm not used to hear such things from serious persons. Also the "best of 2009" thing ... it sounds like you fell for the euphoria. It's nice if you are enthusiastic about it, I can understand that, but mind you, the year 2009 has just begun and you can never know if something better comes out sooner or later. It's simply not wise to state such things so early in the year, from my experiences only shallow people are doing that. That's actually why I said that "be careful" there above, I don't think you're a shallow person and therefore make an impression like you are one, it doesn't fit.

</edit>

It was an attempt to limit the shit written in all the review threads but it was a total failure. Just look at the solar fields - movement thread, just a day old and it's already completely and totally full of complete shit. Better to delete the entire thing and start again if it wasn't for the initial post that is an actual review. 17 posts and one review is crap even for a review liberal like myself <_<

chill, I'm confident it will get cleaned up.

and about this thread, yeah, I think it's a kinda failure ... because it's far too chaotic...