international workshop

hi there,

it's just an idea in mind for now, but might become concrete by the time.

the idea is to organise international workshops for people who want to stay some days with artists, with proper studio setups, sharing knowledges, spend time working with all the tools, learn music production and so on.

at the moment, we do it in switzerland since 3 years. we rent a nice house in a quiet place where we can make all noise we want, there are 3 studios and about 10-15 producers of all levels working together on projects.

we experimented very nice actions till now, and i really ask myself to organize it in a larger way, involving international artists as "teacher", but also as friends, make contact, have fun and share everything about music making, music ideas...

in the facts, people who would like to participate should at least know the basic knowledges in using informatic and music production tools, then all level producers are welcome.

the people should come by their own close to the location, then we could organise people to pick them up and take them to the place.

then everyone would have to pay to share all needed costs (rent of the place, food...)

it's close to become real, i just share the idea to see what you guys think about, to see the interest it mights generate, and if you know such action which take place already somewhere, would be nice to hear about.

i heard some things already, but just few words.

also, we are working close with party organisations, and it's fully possible to make kind of "the people coming to the workshop session showing a nice potential, could take place in an event organized after the session".. or something.

... as well as involving labels, offering to the label managers to find new talents and offering to the upcoming artists the possibility to be in closer contacts with labels to release their works.

so, much blabla.. thanks for reading it till the end, and thanks for any comment or idea about this.

boom

vince

I'm hopefully going to make it to switzerland at some point this summer and would love to hear more about this...

You should make sure Mubali takes part as well...he's a good teacher and you guys make great music together :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow Vince, the possibilities are endless with this project!

What a fantastic idea & I really hope to hear some wicked creations!

:D

Btw, Brain Stretching is phenomenal. ;)

Guest The Journey Man Project

I only dj, and play bass guitar in a death metal band and a reggae/dub band.. I think some tracks and even compilations coming from this would be awesome... as a dj this has potential for making some interesting sounds, and expanding ideas of artists who mostly stick to one style :D Maybe we finely see the end of the drugery in this scene... best wishes for the project :D

your plan sounds like >>>people come to swic and then u KILL them ALL !!!! buhahahhahahhaa :lol::lol: :lol:

just kidding this is great idea , but here is some poor people like me, and i can't afford trip to swic/i even can't afford a decent midi controller/ ... BLaH :ranting:

i'm shure that this idea will live and u gonna make some crazy tracks !!!! best luck !!!! :posford: