Best mastering ever

Ormion

Its pretty hard to say what best mastering evergh is... the level of mastering when u havent heard the unmastered version... imo... (as other people say) but a cd I find is very well mastered is Sensient - Anti Fluoro its seems every sound is really well polished and there is a very good ballance between the levels of them... its possible to hear all sounds very clear and crispy - no mud and no "overtaking" if u know what I mean?! ;)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its pretty hard to say what best mastering evergh is... the level of mastering when u havent heard the unmastered version... imo... (as other people say) but a cd I find is very well mastered is Sensient - Anti Fluoro its seems every sound is really well polished and there is a very good ballance between the levels of them... its possible to hear all sounds very clear and crispy - no mud and no "overtaking" if u know what I mean?!

so you did hear the unmastered version of anti fluoro? :P

or is it very possibly he made it well ?

so you did hear the unmastered version of anti fluoro? :P

or is it very possibly he made it well ?

Hehe no... thats why I just said that I found it very well mastered cus the volumes of all sounds are fitted very nicely, and I guess that is at least partly because of the mastering ;) finding the cd which I felt had the very best mastering on the other hand I would no chance in hell of accomplishing :P of the obvious reason mentioned before!

No, that's 95% to do with the original mix.

hMM I though mastering were fitting tracks of the album on the new medium... I mean adjusting every thing like volumes, filtering, "cleaning" and all that... am I wrong?

Just for me its really difficult to hear whats been removed or filtered but volume levels are a bit easier to comprehend for a lad like me ;) also when I dont have the raw track to compare too. :P But u proberbly right though.... Im not a pro :P

Is the level adjusting more track to track wise?

hMM I though mastering were ... adjusting every thing like volumes, filtering, "cleaning" and all that... am I wrong?

Yes, that's the mixing process. Mastering does involve "fitting tracks of the album on the new medium" though - gaps between tracks, a consistent sound across all tracks, making sure one track doesn't sound suddenly louder than the others, making the album flow as a whole.

Just for me its really difficult to hear whats been removed or filtered but volume levels are a bit easier to comprehend for a lad like me ;) also when I dont have the raw track to compare too.

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/.../104272/forum/2

Clips there of the OOOD album before and after mastering.

Yes, that's the mixing process. Mastering does involve "fitting tracks of the album on the new medium" though - gaps between tracks, a consistent sound across all tracks, making sure one track doesn't sound suddenly louder than the others, making the album flow as a whole.

To be honest, the mastering on your last CD was as crisp as Walkers. Its up there with the best I've heard lately to be honest.

Thanks for clearing that out :)

but:

http://www.yousendit.com/download/ZGJkZGlvQTZVVGw1VEE9PQ

said:

This file has expired.

:(

Thanks Colin, an interesting listen :)

Sounds like a lot work has gone into mastering aswell, opening up the "top"-layers of the sound and making it more "crystal" and less "sticky" (or in muddy or what ever u would call it... interference maybe :unsure: )...