MIDI problem

Hello everyone!

I've bought a new computer, and installed a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi platinum (please, no comments about "that's no music production card" etc grin2). The front panel has MIDI out and MIDI in. My MIDI keyboard has too.

However, on my old computer, I used to connect MIDI to the computer via one of those rectangular things, i think you call them joystick ports or something, on the soundcard. So I have no cables with MIDI in both ends. I only have one with MIDI -> joystick (or what it's called) and one MIDI -> joystick -> joystick (but of the other "gender" so to speak, with holes instead of plugs). I tried to connect the two cables, connecting the joystick ends with each other, and putting midi cables in both soundcards.

However, now my cubase (se) cannot find any midi device. i.e, when i play notes, nothing happens. I think it finds the midi ports, since Soundblaster X-Fi is listed in midi out/inputs.

Anyone knows?

Btw, sorry for my bad english, i wrote this kinda fast

any help is greatly appreciated.

You need a new MIDI cable :) - the other-gender thingy on your cable is for "forwarding" the joystick signal, without having to remove the MIdI joystick cable from the computer. Proper MIDI cables are rather cheap.

-A

Thanks for confirming my beliefs, Amygdala!