Starcade - In Spectre Moodz

Otto Matta

listening now...

not bad! some nice sounds going on.

the first arpegiatorstyle synth could do with a bit more diversity imho.

the sounds blend in nicely, take the lead every now and then or fade away for a bit...

overall the songs is pretty well built up imo, but it doesnt grab me yet. the sounds seem to be a little flat, not enough emotion in them to grab me.

good luck with the next tracks :)

listening now...

not bad! some nice sounds going on.

the first arpegiatorstyle synth could do with a bit more diversity imho.

the sounds blend in nicely, take the lead every now and then or fade away for a bit...

overall the songs is pretty well built up imo, but it doesnt grab me yet. the sounds seem to be a little flat, not enough emotion in them to grab me.

good luck with the next tracks  :)

617465[/snapback]

Thanks for the comments, supergroover. Yeah, it definitely needs a nice production polish to bring the sounds out - a little too fat in the middle, seems to me. :)

Very nice dude.

Sound quality seems good enough to me. Just leave it like that and focus on the music.

I think all the elements are present... I like the sounds, beats and melodies. I don't think they need improvement for a more convincing track =)

IMO it's the song structure that is too mechanical... it doesn't really grab me..after a couple of minutes I have the idea I've heard it all.

Maybe it could use a more song-like structure... don't introduce all the parts too quickly...and don't repeat parts for too long... use rhythm breaks, add some ambient/FX/pads in between... it needs something like that to stay fresh. Build up the song and hold the tension. Dunno.. those are my suggestions. Ignore them if you want, it's good already :)

Very nice dude.

Sound quality seems good enough to me. Just leave it like that and focus on the music.

I think all the elements are present... I like the sounds, beats and melodies. I don't think they need improvement for a more convincing track =)

IMO it's the song structure that is too mechanical... it doesn't really grab me..after a couple of minutes I have the idea I've heard it all.

Maybe it could use a more song-like structure... don't introduce all the parts too quickly...and don't repeat parts for too long... use rhythm breaks, add some ambient/FX/pads in between... it needs something like that to stay fresh. Build up the song and hold the tension. Dunno.. those are my suggestions. Ignore them if you want, it's good already :)

618698[/snapback]

Great feedback, Bahamut. Thank you. :D I was actually having similar thoughts in the last day or so - to take apart the structure and put it back together in a way that provides some more tension.