7.BLACK HOLE-Undercurrent

CD4

1.SPIRALHEAD-Drifter

2.ANOTHER GREEN WORLD-Shaman

3.SYT-Nu Dawn

4.UVX-Billy Whizz (Mungus mix)

5.MUSHROOM BAND-Halfway Down And About To Fall

6.ASTRALASIA-Unveria Mekanik

A psychedelia of Trance and Chill celebrating 10 years of Magick Eye Records.

CD1

1. Califrae is a track taken from Cybernaut’s album Hydrophonics, which is also released by Magick Eye. Cybernaut’s style is pumping fast Goa, around 150 bpm with a happy, groovy feeling. The melodies in Califrae are a bit clubby, but the track is really good.

2. Loving Is Easy is a freestyle ambient(?) with breakbeat percussion and full female singing. I don’t like it cause it sounds more like an alternative pop than an electronic music track.

3. Astralasia’s She Does has nice trippy music and beautiful pads but unfortunately (again) we get full singing. Damn, without the singing this track would be great…

4. Beyond The Blue 2. Some acid, some breaks, some clubby feeling… Difficult to categorize it in a specific dance genre. Nothing great actually.

5. Under The Honeytunnel is a project by Swordfish (Astralasia) and T L Palmer. Downtempo ambient with many breaks and peaceful atmosphere , but again not my style. It’s nice though.

6. COD again. Strange track, very experimental and freestyle. Live organs, dub beats, ‘rusty’ production and some strange samples. It sounds like a Moby track in his Play album style. Not my style again, but it’s kinda cool.

7. Finally a great track. Astralasia. No samples here, just trippy melodies and nice flute. Very trippy track!

8. SYT’s Images sounds like an old school clubby Goa..well without the melodies. I think it’s mediocre, but progressive lovers will enjoy it.

9. Another Green Waltz! What is it? A waltz! Not even an electronic one. Straaange! Even your parents will like it. I think it’s cool.

10. COD again. More psychedelic but again with this dub, exotic feeling. Nice track, enough trippy, but I’ve heard better stuff from mr. Eastwood.

11. WOW! Madam, simply one of my all time favorite ambient! Great old school Goa ambient. Great melodies, great atmosphere and very emotional. Happy and melancholic at the same time. Classic!

12. Black Hole is the dance project of Swordfish. Ok,a this is Engilsh Goa 100% with pumping kick, acid sounds and nice melodies. Great!

CD2

1. SYT again with a very nice track, very trippy and more Goa-ish than Images. Nice track for morning dancing. You can hear the old school feeling in it. Peaceful trance…

2. Party State is a freestyle techno-trance track. Sometimes it sounds like clubby trance, some others like groovy techno, acid house, even oldskool Prodigy. Strange stuff again.

3. Rhythm Of Life is not an Astralasia masterpiece, but it still has all the emotions of their tracks. Happiness, melancholy and tranquility. Nice one.

4. Astralasia again. This track is great! It sounds really dark to me for some reason and it also has a very nostalgic feeling. Very nice leading melody. Emotional stuff again.

5. Hehehe. Well, what can I say for my ALL TIME FAVORITE AMBIENT? Not to much I guess. Mushroom Band are Swordfish and Masters. This track is pure perfection. A beautiful liquid bass, some of the best pads ever heard and definitely the best acoustic guitar ever! There’s so much emotion in this track, that you have to listen to it to believe me. I cried like a baby when I first heard it.

Again: PURE PERFECTION!!!!!

6. UVX again. Downtempo track and again completelly freestyle. Many breaks and nice pads all over the place. A bit monotonous but really cool.

7. This track is made by Magic Mushroom Band not Mushroom Band! Who are they? The same guys! Ok, this is a combination of ambient music, with a taste of psychedelic rock and a dose of jazz. If only these female samples were missing…

8. Astralasia keep coming. Very nice downtempo track with real Goa melodies. It would better if it was beatless ambient IMO but it’s damn good!

9. Cows! That’s the opening sample in this very good track. Nice piano melodies and great ideas, just like in the middle of the track when we get a jazzy solo. Goood!

10. Magic Mushroom Band again. Hmm… what’s that? Just like the Waltz track this doesn’t sound like electronic music at all. Some groovy pianos… I don’t know what this style is. It sounds like cabaret music to me!

11. This is one of the first Astralasia tracks and although it’s not that good as his later works it’s nice downtempo stuff. Not that trippy though.

12. Turban Paranoia. What’s that now? Is it psychedelic rock? Funky disco? Ambient? Heavy metal ballad? All that I guess. Paranoia it is!

CD3

1. Aloo is definitely the most Goa-ish ambient track by Astralasia and simply their best track. Very heavy pads and unbelievably trippy melodies. The intro is amaaazing! Ultra-classic!!!

2. UVX’s turn for ambient and what a great ambient! Beatless track with all these floating sounds taking you away in other dimensions. Too short though! Awesome stuff!

3. Mushroom aka Swordfish aka Astralasia. This track is different though. I’ll call it ethnic ambient and it’s closer to the Shpongle style with all these flutes and the tribal percussion. Not my style.

4. Downtempo track by this project. Cool I guess, but again a bit clubby and annoying samples IMO. Better than the DMT track in CD1 though.

5. Sands by Nozmo. Time for one more ambient masterpiece. Sands has everything you want from an ambient track. Great melodies, melancholic pads, nice percussion, no singing and this nostalgic feeling. Tranquility!

6. COD again but this time with a 100% ambient stuff. Ok, this is great! Water samples, wind pads, slow piano melodies and ethereal voices. Great track!

7. Black Hole’s ambient. What a different track! 100% spacey, dark ambient. Very psychedelic and unusual, but still emotional. Quality stuff.

CD4

1. Drifter is an epic ambient work. The length of it? 17’30’’! It’s actually minimal stuff and a bit monotonous but I don’t care about that in ambient music. This is a track for relaxing and tripping, not just listening. I like it.

2. Shaman is again a strange track by AGW. It sounds a bit like their Waltz track in CD1, but it’s more experimental and with an orient flavor in it. Sometimes it’s like you hear an Arabia on Acid track. Strange stuff.

3. Nu Dawn by SYT is by far their best track in this comp. Downtempo this time, with a great leading melody and nice percussion.

4. Ever heard before dark, acid psy downtempo with a touch of IDM? Billy Whizz sounds like that. Not my style again, but some of you will enjoy it.

5. Oh, Mushroom Band again. How they do that? How they put so much feeling in their tracks? What a peaceful ambient! No guitars here, just lovely pads and relaxing melodies. Check out the simple but so beatiful lead melody. One of the best ambient ever!

6. And last, Astralasia again. Unveria Mekanik is one of the most old school styled tracks by Swordfish here. Combine trippy melodies and voice pads again and you have a winner. Nice one!

Overall, this is a must! Not all the tracks are great, but some of them are simply beautiful and some… masterpieces! If you haven’t listened to anything from Magick Eye before give it a try and surely you’ll find something that you like in here.

Highly recommended!!!

Fav:

CD1: 1, 7, 11(!!!), 12

CD2: 4(!), 5(best ambient ever…), 8, 9

CD3: 1(!!!), 2(!), 5(!!), 6, 7

CD4: 1, 3, 5(OMG), 6

• 3 months later...