The first completed track by me (Solar Storm)

snowball

Hi guys! I have finally completed my very first track.(apart from a 2min thingie that i had made a long time ago with FL6 demo version,where you cant save)

Anw the track took me about 3 months. I didnt work every day on it,sometimes i took 3weeks + breaks,so 3 months is the gross time that it took me,

I used a lot of acid and acid like effects also some organic sounding fx,so be prepared to be acidized :P

It is made purely on Fruity Loops,that means no VST or anything,just what FL6 has to offer. Of course A LOT of knob tweaking is included to what FL6 has to offer ;)

Be advised that this is my first attempt to produce something,i have no experience AT ALL in electronic music creation,my only connection with the creative department of music is playing the drums,which i havent touched for over 2 years.

I know very close to nothing on notes etc(do,re,mi,fa,sol,la,si,do is the only thing i know :P,but i cant recognise them on a keyboard :ph34r: )so please forgive any mistakes or lacks in that aspect.(but do point them out!)

My sound card is an old creative SB Live! which is pretty much useless for this kind of usage. :(

Anw all comments are welcome and crucial for me,i want you to be honest and tell what you liked and disliked on this track,it will help me evolve in something better!

Dont just say "It sucks" say WHY it sucks!. ;)

here is the link: Solar Storm - Out of Darkness (The Road to Guantanamo)

Thanks!!!! :)

EDIT: Please listen to the whole track ,as it keeps changing,so if you are bored with the beggining,maybe you will fall in love with the end or the middle

want to contact anylabel :lol::lol::lol:

want to contact anylabel :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

593764[/snapback]

:lol:

I love listening to people's first tracks because it's the start of a musician's stylistic journey!

Downloading now...I promise to reply after my nap. :)

okey im listening!

Very special thingie you got here, i kinda liked the Acid in the start!

But i dont like when the elements just stop all the time, the rythim is boring and the kick is abit low! and you could need some better perc's!

Well, you have many cool synths and sounds and all that but maybe drop the kick? i dont understand why it is there at all.....

Some boring sounds and all that...some very cool!

I really think you could do better without the kick, the kick annoys me lol!

and btw WTF, that clap is annoying aswell lol!

sorry for beeing so negative, its just my oppinion!

you have many cool sounds, you should try to make a song like without rythim.... ^^, that would sound kinda cool if you work on it!

Keep up the work m8!

Im downloading it now I look forward to it

Snowball Snowball

did u use my station to work on this track or used yours?

sankitos

594271[/snapback]

i used my station.

Posted Image

:ph34r::ph34r::P:P

(i wished)

:lol:

I love listening to people's first tracks because it's the start of a musician's stylistic journey!

Downloading now...I promise to reply after my nap. :)

594284[/snapback]

ok,waiting for your input!!!!! :)

Oh, Symphoid, I beg You :rolleyes: !...

594314[/snapback]

cut the crap and start dl regerissimo!!!

:P:D

okey im listening!

Very special thingie you got here, i kinda liked the Acid in the start!

But i dont like when the elements just stop all the time, the rythim is boring and the kick is abit low! and you could need some better perc's!

Well, you have many cool synths and sounds and all that but maybe drop the kick? i dont understand why it is there at all.....

Some boring sounds and all that...some very cool!

I really think you could do better without the kick, the kick annoys me lol!

and btw WTF, that clap is annoying aswell lol!

sorry for beeing so negative, its just my oppinion!

you have many cool sounds, you should try to make a song like without rythim....  ^^, that would sound kinda cool if you work on it!

Keep up the work m8!

594360[/snapback]

wow,very thorough report! thanks a lot mate!!! :)

ok so:

the elements changing and all that,is that i havent got the level yet to take a melody and maintain it through a whole track without it getting boring. ;)

i also used the concept of a synth discussion.

I used various synhts and riffis,intercepting one each other like a discussion of many ppl. like each person has a different voice,each synnth has a different sound. so it could be like synths arguing and insulting each other!!! :lol:

ok so the kick, i tottaly agree on that,its VERY repetitive and boring,but it was the first thing that i used so i didnt managed it very well. at some points i got pissed off by it,but i didnt want to ditch it!!

the rythm is pretty much non-existent cause i forgot to put bass... :ph34r::ph34r:

its true,i was like 6 minutes in the track,when i realised that there is no bass!!!

no way i was gonna put any so far,and risk messing up all the other stuff so,no bass=>poor rythm. :(

the clap,i honestly tried to tweak it to sound better but with no avail.i wanted it to be more flat and deep,but i didnt achieve my goal. same goes for the snare.

maybe some vst can help me with this??

which sounds did you find boring???

also something else that i find missing is "tension and release". it sorts of floats,it hasnt got that tension that climaxes with a big explosion of well put melodies and fx. i will do my best to achieve this in the future.

so thanks a lot for the comments!!! :):)

keep them coming!!! :)

Okey, i can give you a better review later m8! gotta go sleep but short:

I really like your idea, you are creative!

Yeah maybe VST's might help!

One thing: I like Acid when it has a flow, when the acid line is so long its not cool when it suddenly stops and start over again! Fade out and fade in, make the acid thing in the start longer....

second thing:I understand lol, you're song is muchmuch more better than my first song lol, you dont even want to know!

third thing: There is not much harmony with all those elements, maybe you should try to have a normal build up? You know, to dance ones mind in a Trance the bassline and rythim has to be simple(but not to simple lol)

Start with some synths and a fancy intro, kick, then bassline and percussions and maybe more...then play with the elements like you did!

And try adding Reverb or delay on some elements (Just not to much lol)

and for the record, clapping does not often fit every type of electronic music!

^^, i think...

I will try to be more spesific later! Good nite m8!

EDIT:

And its good to have surprises in songs like yours, but its kinda toooo much!

=P But dont kill it! we like surprises, ecpesially when they sound good! good nite again!

Okey, i can give you a better review later m8! gotta go sleep but short:

I really like your idea, you are creative!

Yeah maybe VST's might help!

One thing: I like Acid when it has a flow, when the acid line is so long its not cool when it suddenly stops and start over again! Fade out and fade in, make the acid thing in the start longer....

second thing:I understand lol, you're song is muchmuch more better than my first song lol, you dont even want to know!

third thing: There is not much harmony with all those elements, maybe you should try to have a normal build up? You know, to dance ones mind in a Trance the bassline and rythim has to be simple(but not to simple lol)

Start with some synths and a fancy intro, kick, then bassline and percussions and maybe more...then play with the elements like you did!

And try adding Reverb or delay on some elements (Just not to much lol)

and for the record, clapping does not often fit every type of electronic music!

^^, i think...

I will try to be more spesific later! Good nite m8!

EDIT:

And its good to have surprises in songs like yours, but its kinda toooo much!

=P But dont kill it! we like surprises, ecpesially when they sound good! good nite again!

594389[/snapback]

thanks man!

i will use longer acid lines in the future,you can bet on that!!!

Ah,you are right,i overidid it at some points,i got caught in the excitement.!

yes,clapping sometimes sound intrusive.it sounds wrong! ;)

so goodnight,and i will be here if you still want to write a better review later!!! :)

Noooo! Dont kill the Acid....Just dont give up!

Beeing creative is awsome, dont loose that....just learning new shit is also fun! ^^,

Good nite ( the 3rd time haha)

594407[/snapback]

haha i will not kill the acid man!!! its what got me here in the first place!!! :D

Dude, that's a very special track! It's totally bizarre! Lots of crazy, zany things all over. I really like most of your sounds, and I really enjoy the playfulness of it. And although it's not expertly produced it has a rawness that I often find more charming and interesting than a crystal clean production.

It also surprises me that you used FL6 to make all those sounds. Very impressive. It sounds to me like something someone would have made if there was psytrance in 1954. I'd file it under Stockhausen Trance. :)

There was nothing in the track that I thought was dissonant or musically annoying. However, and this is where my bias comes in, I personally like music that has a clear progression from beginning to end; just like a good painting should lead the eye through it, so should a piece of music. And just like a good painting has something to say, so should a piece of music. I think you're more successful with the latter than the former. It says something (50s space-age analog noise-making), but it doesn't lead the listener into a clear narrative that begins, tells a story, then ends. And although a lot of trance these days, annoyingly, has nothing to say but a bunch of clever noises, I still think that should be a goal for good artists. But that's my opinion, and I'm a traditional, classic sort of guy.

They say one must learn the rules before one can break them, and there's some truth in that, I think. So keep making music - you're clearly onto something - and maybe before too long you'll be able to say what you need to say and have the listener really groove to it, physically and psychologically.

Thanks for sharing. Now the aliens can come and eat us with a clear conscience. ;)

Dude, that's a very special track! It's totally bizarre! Lots of crazy, zany things all over. I really like most of your sounds, and I really enjoy the playfulness of it. And although it's not expertly produced it has a rawness that I often find more charming and interesting than a crystal clean production.

It also surprises me that you used FL6 to make all those sounds. Very impressive. It sounds to me like something someone would have made if there was psytrance in 1954. I'd file it under Stockhausen Trance. :)

There was nothing in the track that I thought was dissonant or musically annoying. However, and this is where my bias comes in, I personally like music that has a clear progression from beginning to end; just like a good painting should lead the eye through it, so should a piece of music. And just like a good painting has something to say, so should a piece of music. I think you're more successful with the latter than the former. It says something (50s space-age analog noise-making), but it doesn't lead the listener into a clear narrative that begins, tells a story, then ends. And although a lot of trance these days, annoyingly, has nothing to say but a bunch of clever noises, I still think that should be a goal for good artists. But that's my opinion, and I'm a traditional, classic sort of guy.

They say one must learn the rules before one can break them, and there's some truth in that, I think. So keep making music - you're clearly onto something - and maybe before too long you'll be able to say what you need to say and have the listener really groove to it, physically and psychologically.

Thanks for sharing. Now the aliens can come and eat us with a clear conscience.  ;)

594611[/snapback]

That was beautiful! <3

I agree, but the rythim annoyd me! :P

Otherwise, i totally agree!

Thanks for sharing. Now the aliens can come and eat us with a clear conscience.  ;)

594611[/snapback]

Thanks man,you rock!!! :D

i tottaly agree with you that it lacks progression.Its something that i also like to hear in a track,but i also believe that i have not yet reached the level to accomplish that sort of professionalism. Its a sort of pinnacle in music creation imo,a refined production that requires a lot of experience!I will do my best to reach this point,but i will need time ;)

Apparently FL6 has more to it that meets the eye! The possibilities that come with some heavy knob turning are infinite!!!

I am glad that you liked it,and i will give my best to create evne better music in the future!!! :)

Thanks again!!! :)

That was beautiful! <3

I agree, but the rythim annoyd me!  :P

Otherwise, i totally agree!

594625[/snapback]

It was indeed beautiful!

Actually what annoyed you was the LACK of rythm!i forgot to put bass so no good rythm! :ph34r:

and the beat is a bit,errrm,weak! :)

i am still expecting your better review! :rolleyes::P:)

Hey snowball, this is really creative. It's awesome that you're experimenting with different musical phrases. You've created some neat sounds! What i'd like to hear, and this is biased by my own musical taste, is more layering to solidify thematic material...no matter how abstract the melody is. This will certainly widen the listening space as well. Flow seems to be the main thing that keeps this track from having a solidified presence. Perhaps in between phrases, you can create more transitions that open up a door into each phrase. You've certainly got the skill to make cool sounds to lead the listener.

I look forward to your musical progression. You've got a unique flavor to your music:)