What happened to UX?

Guest Eshanti Brahman

Hello! Today I found the Master of the Universe album and bought it. Most of the songs have been on my harddisk and on various comipiliations that I have in many years. Some of the tracks are goa in a nutshell..very psychedelic sound and Chameleon (Pix. mix) is one of my all time goa-favorites. However,they released this album in 97 and the sound is getting a bit old now. But what happened to the UX-crew? Did they stop making music? That would have been a shame 'cause these guys really had the potential. Anybody updated about the status of ULTIMATE XPERIENCE ANNO 2001?

cheers

UX was Kris Kylven (as was stated above, also known as EON Project) and Pete Martin, who has released his album as Slide in 1998. Since then Slide only released singles on various labels, mostly Flying Rhino... So I think we'll never be able to hear new UX tracks :(

Guest PuuhaMees

Järsimähäiriö not Kiwa, but Faithealers. I have seen him play drums on a Kiwa live gig though. Faithealers is Kris Kylven & Make Louhio (the other half of Kiwa).

Greetz,

PuuhaMees

Guest [tom jaimz]

Ok, after UX broke up..

Kris Kylven started his Element Over Nature project, with which he released an album on Transient. EON Project doesn't have much of the UX sound - it's very much a more industrial sound, with a lot of EBM tendancies. There's a couple of very nice tracks on that album, tho, if you're not a purist. Track 5 or 6 from memory was a really nice electro piece. Kris went on to work as Faithhealers with Louhio [you can read more about Faithhealers at http://www.aurinko-records.com/de/artists/...ithhealers.htm] - Faithhealers is a very industrial sounding project, and they work a lot with the french group Spies who also produce similar sounding Industrial Trance crossover stuff.

Pete Martin went on to produce as Slide, and continues to do so. His early work, especially the Unstable album, is really good stuff. For me, this is far more the transition away from goa trance and into psychedelic trance. After Unstable Pete headed into the more progressive sound, and since the Closure EP he's pretty much entrenched himself in the English Progressive Trance scene, working closely with the likes of Cass and Corellian [who used to be Darshan].

yah, pete martin is all washed up imho... used to make amazing music, now he just makes big hits that make lots of money. yawn.

oh btw i am putting up an unplayed & mint copy of the UX album on vinyl to ebay today! i wouldnt say the sound is getting old... i played life support technology at a party over the summer and WHAM! tore some peoples heads right off!!!

Guest Mindbender

I think that I should add that Kris Kylven told me that UX was a very commercial project for him. As you've probably noticed from his other stuff, he seems to be more interested in experimental/industrial fusion style trance and that is not in great demand and therefore labels are less likely to release such stuff. Thus, for example, Kiwa doesn't have any released albums at the moment. EXCEPT for FREE on http://texasfaggott.ktk.bme.hu/

I'm looking forward for the Faithealers album which has been under mastering on Aurinko records for half a year now. They seem to have disagreements on what the album should sound like.

Lauri

I am proud to say I am featured on one of the same records as Kris Kylven. The electro-act Implants CD Kmputor. Battle of the future Buddhas has a remix there and Kris Kylven as well.

Tres cool. :)

Limited access to the files is one of my top ten ever tracks! Dedicated to Skinny Puppy... :)