tegma - clock next door

unikos

track is from avant garde.

in the start there's a sample of someone talking in french (dont really understand what he's saying)

anyone know where the sample is from? i think it might be from some well known french movie or something, since i ve also heard it on IAM - l ecole du micro d argent (hiphop).

Cheers...

I have no idea where it's from... But here's the sample:

#08: Clock next Door [138 BPM]

"Un escalier de fer...un couloir étroit et obscur...au fond de ce couloir une porte entrouverte d'où nous parviennent les accords d'une musique, qui en ce lieu parait irréelle!" Right, my French is very rusty, but the dude in the intro talks about going up an iron staircase – down an obscure and narrow corridor – finding a half-opened door from which music emerges! … Something along those lines at least… This is progressive trance with rich psychedelic influences... The overall mood is dark and eerie, and you constantly feel like looking over your shoulder… Something haunts you? The bridge has the most joyous, uplifting melodies that strike a remarkable contrast to the darkish mood – beautifully embodying Tegma’s trademark hybrid sound! Nice track!

242183[/snapback]

Quoted from here... ;)

/DP

i asked Jason from Tegma about this, he doesn't remember for now, but he will try to remember where he got the voice sample from. Or where it is from.

Edit: ok, Omar said he had the sample from a "french sample archive" he owned.

that's all.

Hà, I love Tegma, but in my book that's "a load of b*llsh*t" :D

They probably don't want to admit in writing where they got it from so that they won't get hassled for royalties.

Like the zillion of ppl sampling sentences from "Waking Life": FREq, Gaudium, Pixel,...

"it ain't a crime if you don't get caught" :P

it happends that there are artists who are friends with other artists and who exchange sample files sometimes you know. and when you have XX gigs of samples, you might forget where you got some from. i know few people who made a hobby out of sample collecting and exchanging.

it's not necessarily a bullshit.

it happends that there are artists who are friends with other artists and who exchange sample files sometimes you know. and when you have XX gigs of samples, you might forget where you got some from. i know few people who made a hobby out of sample collecting and exchanging.

it's not necessarily a bullshit.

543869[/snapback]

If your band only made 3 albums so far, would you put anything on there without knowing where it came from?