About the new review system :-)

this new review system is similar to Facism not the hippie movement (founders of our culture)

and similar to any kinda of government (order, filtered reality, permits, laws, politics, wars, police officers, goa parties that get shutdown)

...any effort to maintian order in a chaos existance ... seems to go against the very fabric of reality a.k.a chaos (infinate possiblity... no boundries no limits)

this effort in itself is self destructive

order (limits) is an illusion, we cannot limit ourselves in a infinate universe... to do so would be going against the flow (tao)... and bad shit happens when u do that... don't create boundries, knock them down!

fuck me ... this is what happens to me when i get board.

i hate my brain.

I wish i was a dumb bitch who fucked for a living

peace and love...(lost cause)

I pretty much understand it all.

But still lame reviews abound.

Check the latest bunch (tarsis, visual paradox, twisted sessions, ectoplasma): someone named Yan84 just copied promotional info on all these releases and put it here as a review.

on the case of Twisted Session he just did some copy-and-paste with Damion's review of it...

just a heads-up Children, keep the good work man.

Bom!

Luiz

Guest bugbread

L: I kinda understand what you're saying, but the reviews section here is meant as an informational medium, not a free speech forum. I think of it being along the lines of a book publisher publishing a compendium of short stories: they shouldn't have to publish every short story sent to them, because then you get a useless book full of crap, which no one will want to buy. If you just want to say:

"Absolum - Wild is crap"

that's fine to do in the forum. But to present that as a review is unhelpful (why is it crap?) and just dilutes the usefulness of the phorum.

I dunno if you've read through the reviews, but I remember one of them a while back had stuff like this:

"GAARBALFK MAOFOIH HAOHLHLFI!!!

GAARBALFK MAOFOIH HAOHLHLFI!!!

GAARBALFK MAOFOIH HAOHLHLFI!!!"

(for a few more pages)

I can't really say that deleting that is fascism or wrong.

In a sense, you're right: reality is unstructured and chaotic. However, a review section exists to try to put some structure to that chaos. If that is impossible, then the review section itself is impossible...In which case, don't worry about it, just don't even read the review section. It's an unresolvable paradox in itself. But for the people who believe (as I do) that there IS some structure behind the randomness of reality, the review section can be a powerful tool for deciding what albums to purchase.

And to be obvious and practical, imagine the following (hypothetical) reviews for Infected Mushroom - The Gathering:

"Crisp sounds, well produced, but with more subtle melodies than Classical Mushroom, and with more time in the song before reaching the crescendo."

and

"Crap! What were they thinking?! Bastards, just want money!"

If I hadn't heard the album, review #1 would help me determine if I wanted to buy it. Review 2 wouldn't help at all, and I wouldn't even know why they said it UNLESS I'D HEARD THE ALBUM, and since the reviews are for people who HAVEN'T heard the album, pretty pointless.

Since now, some of the albums have like 10 pages of review #2 before review #1, I might never GET to the useful review. Hence the need for editting.

Some people say "Just skip the pointless reviews"...Well, that's fine if the reader has infinite time and patience, but with 20 or 30 pages of crap, most people don't have the TIME to wade through crap to get to something useful.

Guest dam10n

"on the case of Twisted Session he just did some copy-and-paste with Damion's review of it..."

nice one for acting on that children... fasicsm or not, plagiarism's wrong... had to get the legal shit goin with someone earlier this year and it's a mess... bah...

Guest Sandwich

Children, check it out, cuz I think u replied to me instead of reply to Yan84 about the Cut & Paste other ppls reviews...

All in all very good move... The only thing is that I would glad to see it happenin' some year ago... But better later than never!!!

Good Luck

Yuli

Guest Tittelin Tuure

HI!

I think( like someone cares) you are like nazis if you try to make limits in this site! And i don´t like nazis. There is some crap in this site, but you can´t be so sensitive that it´s getting in your dreams or something! You can´t be like that! It´s problem in every fuckin site in whole fucking web and you must understand it... It doesn´t make your website any better, if you are make limits on what people are saying or writing .I think that goa- and psy trance is all about that freedom that you can say anything or do anything and you can be so openminded that you can just go on with that. Goddamn! You can say anything you want! It is like that! Go hug some policeofficer if you like sencor( Do they write it like that?) or law´s or rules so much! You are doing just what is common to human nature:Try to order other people and try to get some power to rule!

Maybe you all can think instead that maybe this site is mistake. Maybe this scene is so good that you don´t haveto make any reviews or forums or website for it! Maybe it is and it is good in underground! Maybe you can´t make people write only things that you like or what you think. it´s human nature to do and write something that is causing a something... In this time trouble or something like that.This music is more than just your site!!!This is more thatn a music! It is a way of life! You can´t control people! If you like to do that, maybe you can go shave your head and play nazis and then... Maybe then you can try to play god...

Tuure: hope that you can all make some sense out of my english...

I don't see what the problem is... If you wanna post reviews you can... Just contact Children for a login/password... It's as simple as that! You have to login to use Isratrance.com too... Or Imdb.com ... Whatever....

This talk about Nazism is WAY outta proportions... Geeez!

DP

yeah Tuure go easy on the exaggerations... thats kinda over the top...

it turns people off real fast.

i hope i didn't seem too malicious in my earlier post. i was just board as hell.. if i don't keep my mind occupied with somthing I get very unhappy... but i'm also lazy and don't really do anything... so blah whatever...a black hole...

uh i like what u said:

Bugbread

and

Tittelin Tuure (exept for the nazi part - lol)

... maybe if you got the password though the site instead of through email i'd be less of a hassle (for both parties!) [?]

Peace & love ... one day

Guest Elysium Project

Speaking as an artist I can only say that the old system made it possible for all kind of people to trash a CD or artist. I am sure that many people didn't even bother to read the reviews because of all the s*** going on there. As an artist I want people to read honest reviews no matter if it's pro or against my music so they can make up their minds if they want to buy my CD. It's not at all in my interest to see 15 reviews trashin me and my music.

EP,

That's the point the objectors were trying to get across - they're afraid that there will be NO negative reviews allowed on the site or something.

The problem is, there's a HUGE difference between these following two dreamed-up examples of negative reviews:

1. FUCK THIS ARTIST AND ALL HE STANDS FOR!!!! THIS IS PURE BULLSHIT!! DON'T BUY THIS ALBUM!!!!! FUCK YOU IF YOU LIKE THIS MUSIC!! MINIMAL CRAP I SAY!!!

2. This artist's last release was a bit more full-on than this new one. If you're into minimal, you'll probably like it, but if you enjoyed the FULLness of the last album like I did, this one probably won't be up your alley - there's just not enough happening here - 4/10.

IMO One of those reviews would be removed, but the more well-thought-out one would be left there. Even though its a negative review, its not talking straight TRASH or BASHING anything at all.

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-

Lets just try and keep the reviews clean and civilized, and they'll leave any opinions we have up there.

Guest bugbread

Well, since I'm one of the editors, I'll give you an idea how I edit:

1:

Shit! This artist is smoking crack! What crap!

2:

This album is a departure from the artist's usual sound, and a bad one at that. The sounds are amateurish, the arrangement predictable. All in all, not worth buying.

3:

Great! 11/10!!!!!! I can't wait to see him live!

4:

A great new showing from this artist, the album has a groovy feel, and although the arrangement is somewhat predictable, it feels comfortable, like a soft, old shirt.

In this case, #1 and #3 get deleted, #2 and #4 stay. I don't care if it's a positive or negative review, just if it's a good or bad review.

By the way, Tittelin Tuure, you have a WHOLE lot of history to learn if you think that being an editor is the same as being a nazi, and you should probably apologize to any Jews, gypsies, blacks, or homosexuals around you for trivializing the issue.

I can't possibly see why #1 and #3 should get deleted... Short, clear opinions, what's wrong with that? Ok, that part about crack smoking is stupid of course, but I think forcing people to use refined vocabulary and favouring reviews with musical terminology is unfair. What about those with not so good english? If some such person writes a review saying that this album is good, I especially liked this and this track, buy this album, his review will get deleted?

Well, yes because if haven't heard it, you'll have no idea wether you could like it or not.

Unless you know the taste of the writer, because then you can think "if person x likes it, I know he likes this and that too, so I could like it too".

(especially since v2 should allow to see all reviews by person x at once)

I guess only reviews which are both uninformative and anonymous should be deleted in this case.

Maybe a rating system should be added to allow anonymous people to say wether they think it's good or bad.

Tough issue.

Moreover, in my case, I don't care anymore for reviews, because I've become jaded and more and more difficult to please, so I trust only myself on what's good or not. (after several disappointing buys, I don't have that much money to spend on bad (imo) cds).

I totally don't even understand HOW people can complain about this.......

Take a look at ANY REVIEW PAGE ON THIS SITE - almost every one of them is full of worthless bullshit that barely has anything to do with the quality of the given album..... This makes filtering through them to find REAL REVIEWS even harder - if you wanna talk shit to eachother, or have arguments or talk shit about an artist, use email or use the forum - reviews are reviews, not arguments and spewings of curse-words.

Guest bugbread

Jarsimahairio:

You have a point, that there is nothing really really WRONG with #1 and #3. But they fail in one way: they aren't in any way useful. As Ubik said, the only way they help anyone decide on a purchase is if the person knows the reviewer's musical tastes. The review section isn't an opinion poll, where everyone says whether they like something or not, but a review.

Just for reference: I'm not deleting anything because of lack of flowery wording or grammatical problems. For example, the following two reviews are totally fine by me:

This CD is great! Lots of strange sounds, booming drums, awesome samples about the Universe...perfect!

(nothing technical, no advanced music terminology, but a useful review)

Is good! Fast, fast, fast! Sound like metall, but more speed! Singing voice on track 2 very bueautiful.

(bad spelling, grammar, etc., but a useful review)

I'm just deleting reviews that are 1) trolling 2) flame wars 3) off-topic 4) Not reviews, just "good" or "bad" statements.

Guest cpt_shiner

the review system could have been done so much better... having a login/pass that is emailed to u is the most amaturish thing ive heard in a while... couldve been done sooo much better... i mean theres even scripts you could've downloaded off the net for free to do it better than that... and how hard is it to assign moderators to delete bullshit reviews??? i wont be reviewing anything thats for sure...

anything that becomes a chore is not fun anymore... L had it right the first time...

Guest bugbread

cpt_shiner: This is just a temporary measure until psynews version 2 comes out. Sure, it's amateur, but that's because it's a quick 'n' dirty solution until they finish the slow 'n' clean solution.

Second: it isn't hard to assign moderators to delete bullshit reviews: I *am* a moderator that deletes bullshit reviews. Working through the "A"s right now.

Guest Tim ThickkKKkk

elysium project wrote:

Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist Speaking as an artist

we are all artists at this site mature boy. open your eyes and get back to the music.

7im0