I need your Help!

Could you guys please help me out on gathering info on the net about the whole studio-music production thingie?

Anything that involves, studio gears, cables and conections, digital audio edition, therminology, types of mics, types of monitors, signal flow, MIDI and recording

It doesnt has to be those basics stuff too, advanced reading would be very apreciated :)

Untill now, the best site i found about this was Tweakheadz page ( attention newbies, this is a great site)

Still it doesnt cover the whole thing, for example, it doesnt talk about the diferences in audio formats like wav. ; aiff. ; etc

I need so much help on this stuff for studing, and i also bet is going to be very helpfull to a lot of people :rolleyes:

Please help me :(

Still it doesnt cover the whole thing, for example, it doesnt talk about the diferences in audio formats like wav. ; aiff. ; etc

513014[/snapback]

i recently discovered that there isnt a difference, i always knew they were both pcm, but they seem to be totaly identical. just a matter of the extention i guess...

try changing the name of a wav file to aiff, youll discover it still plays...

http://www.soundonsound.com/

It has it all  ;)

By the way Stalker, did you read my answer in the "MIXING" thread?

516168[/snapback]

Thats a great site! Thanks Mckoy :)

Btw, i did see your response on the mixing topic. I will respond to it tonight

first, i need to back me up with some mono vs stereo articles :rolleyes:

Another question...on the second sample, that intro sounds very familiar....which track is it? :unsure:

Is it yours?

Please help me :(

513014[/snapback]

AFAIK and have heard...

WAV invented by PC headz, AIFF invented by the Apple crowd.

Same sized files. same quality. just the data is written in different ways. apparently the AIFF data is written in such a way that your computer can access it / open it / save it quicker. or so I have heard. so in theory it is better to use AIFF when you have multiple audio tracks, playing live etc.

but I cannot comfirm any of this for sure. main thing is both are appropriate.

AFAIK and have heard...

WAV invented by PC headz, AIFF invented by the Apple crowd.

Same sized files. same quality. just the data is written in different ways. apparently the AIFF data is written in such a way that your computer can access it / open it / save it quicker. or so I have heard.  so in theory it is better to use AIFF when you have multiple audio tracks, playing live etc.

but I cannot comfirm any of this for sure. main thing is both are appropriate.

516247[/snapback]

apparently the only difference between aiff and wav is the header:

http://www.teamcombooks.com/mp3handbook/12.htm

pcm = pcm.