[DarkPsy] Cybernetika - Patterns of Chaos (2006)

Cybernetika

Hey,

I am currently working on this remake of my older track "Patterns of Chaos". This one is dark, raw Psy with a heavy kick and bass combo, like the original version was. Yes, it sounds very raw and noisy; I intended that. I however feel totally uninspired about the track structure. I think I got some good sounds, but I could still use some suggestions about the structure, if you like it that way or not.

"Patterns of Chaos 2006"

Length: 8:53

Filesize ~20MB

Bitrate: 320kbps

Eqipment: FL Studio 6, ReFX Vanguard (for the bassline), Linplug Albino (for the weird FX and synthlines, also the main "lead"), Spectrasonics Atmosphere (for the ambience), rgc z3ta+ (that massive DarkPsy FM sound).

The link:

http://www.cybernetika.de/cybernetika_-_pa..._chaos_2006.mp3

enjoy! :)

Cybernetika

your sounds and atmospheres are definitely good, but the base of the song - the bassline - is just too boring. It ads sort of flat impression to the whole thing. I suggest you change the main bass loop (the second one is fine) to something a little bit melodic and varied. Also try playing with Vanguard gator for a different groove to it. In the short beatless section in the middle of the song, I can imagine some simple, but weird or almost horror theme in high tones with some spooky sample (maybe from albino synth sounds / trance chords, pitched up). I also have an idea of building up the dark tension towards the end of the track and then collapse it into a short ambient chaos.

I don't know how much invention do you want to add to the remix. These are just some ideas that popped up while listening :)

I see you are into dark, raw sounds. Do you know Flint Glass? May be something for you :)

The Song is great, but like mind.breeder said the baseline is a little flat but only in the first half IMO. You pick it up in the second part a lot better.....but in some build up's(climax) in parts of the song, are a bit limp?...its like I am waiting tobe picked up tobe taken to the next level, but there is nothing and it just goes into more FX's,

try and really build up the songs climax more and then let it rip....

but overall it is a good solid song, just needs little tweeks :)

• 2 weeks later...