Best Sellers

Guest Goagabba

I think it would be Infected. They sold over 160 000 copies of all their albums. Not too sure though. Read it on isratrance somewhere a while ago.

Best selling psytrance album of all time: Voyage into Trance (2nd edition 2001) Yep the one with Transmission and LSD - nearly 500.000 worldwide...

Okay it was a tricky release...but was no.1 in the USA dance charts and no.1 in the CDNOW top 50 electronic for a while.

Another album that sold 250.000+...Juno reaktor-Shango...Quite popular in the US...reached no.3 in the CDNOW electronic charts

From there:

Hallucinogen - Twisted near 100.000

Shpongle - Tales near 100.000

Astral Projection - TIT III near 100.000.

Infected - Classical and BPEmpire - 50.000

Shpongle - are U - 35.000

Other AP albums - 30.000

Latest Sun project(big in japan), Talamasca, GMS between 10.000 and 15.000

However, most releases are lucky if they hit the 3000 mark even if the label is TIPWorld, Dragonfly or Twisted...

Guest snusnu

So you mean that Juno sells MORE than AP, Hallu, Shpongle and IM? Man, I didn't see that one coming... thanks for enlightening us!!

SMI²LE

yeah i'm surprised too. But it makes sense when you think about it. Becuase Juno's style is so diverse it can please allot of diffrent kinds of tastes... Juno Reactor is pretty well known act, i've heard they do movie trax sometimes... And i think they had their trax in a number of hollywood movies. (mortal kombat, Virtuosity, ... some Arnold movie i belive)

Also they tour and really put on a Big show

I wish they'd make another BTI myself.

peace

Guest --==MiLeS==--

1 from Austin, Juno also did a track for the pretty succesful Tomb Raider movie, in fact Masters of the Universe was used in the trailer...And don't forget Juno opened for...believe it or not...Moby(!) on his American 'Play' tour...

Guest Quasarta

To Snusnu,

ofcourse JR is known in more dance scenes then Psy-trance only.

To me "Bible of dreams" is still the best cd I ever bought.

To bad they couldn't come to senseblender this year. They started their japonese tour the same day.

peace

Q

Guest stringtheory

I doubt posford is loaded. I doubt there are many people in the psytrance industry that are loaded. It is more than just selling records. The income from the records goes to many different people, including to cover operational costs, etc... Another reason why it is important that people buy psytrance...and not steal it. Trading psytrance MP3's is doing the artists and labels a great disservice.