Man With No Name - Teleportation

tbe

Teleport is quite possibly one of my all time favourite tracks. I get goosebumps when I hear the intro & I'll never éver forget how it made the dance floor explode @ Samothraki.

But the GMS-stripped-mix is a pretty poor attempt in my book...

431745[/snapback]

Yes Teleport is a classic and afaik the GMS remix was never released and this Stripped remix is Martin's remix alone. It's horrible imho as well.

Still it's a great compilation of some of the best MWNN tunes that didn't appear on his artist albums.

Definetely better than his artist albums though it lacks a continuity and sounds more like a compilation that an album. (Not that i care)

8.5/10

Guest Cosmogenesis

Totally agree with you! Impossible to compare the original "teleport" with the slowly "stripped" remix. As you've said, it's exactly more a compilation than an album. "Teleportation" is definitely a patchwork of different styles of trance. Greece 2000 sounds like a classic trance remix (like The Orange Theme remix of MWNN for example). With "Lunar Cycle" and "Neurotunnel", Man With No Name is near the astral projection style : simply but deeply emotional. We can compare The "stripped" remix and his progressive and slowly style with the "pipeline" track. With "Teleport", Martin has reached another level: rich atmospheres and variations, true goa sensations, powerful keyboards plays. This track is certainly one of the best tunes he has ever created.

Guest Anti Gravity

indeed I heard teleport for the first time I think on dragon fly compilation and was like totally amazed

true masterpiece and a perfect example for all old skool

• 1 year later...

Man, almost perfect collection of goa classics!

Does teleport need introduction? If there ever was a track that could be said to have gained such immense popularity as LSD by hallucinogen it's this. :)

All the other MWNN classics are there too. And good they are, I could listen to them all day and still get the rush.

Three Drives remix is excellent. It's very clubby, quite faithful to the original but giving it some psychedelic twists here and there. Also notice the great intro and good endind. Perfect track to mix for a dj (crowd likes, ends with solid beat hitting for 20 secs at least)

Teleport Stripped is shit though. Nothing beats the original. A self respecting DJ would skip this track by a mile. So therefore this gets only 8/10 mark from me.

Still a good purchase, get it. :)

agree with boobie

very good album , goa classic tunes included , nice remix for 3 drives ( didn hear much from 3 drives , but their greece 2000 track is definetly the best i heard from them ) , teleport stripped is diffrent from the original goadelic mood , proggy oriented bonus

• 5 years later...

Man With No Name ‎– Teleportation (2000)

I don't know why this is released as a compilation album cause all tracks

are man with no name rmx or original. Well who cares anyways. I see it as an album.

And a pretty good one. Off course there is nothing much new to discover here if you are

a man with no name fan but then again this is decent goatrance and the fact that it sounds that professional

could be the mastering skills off the year 2000. All tracks are good.

Off course "Teleportation", "Lunar cycle", "The lion king" make it much better.

But as an entire release you can count on a constant melodic but not to over melodic

goatrance/psychedelic trance concept. This is typical Man with no name as we know,

mostly single layer trance in experience. Not to much tralalala, but just good old fashion

travelling from sound to sound varied from spirals to subtle synths waves.

In his earlier tracks sometimes the waves and spirals were a bit to far from each other

but here (the mastering?) they are all combined pretty close in one entity and that is

what I like the most about this release. That element of quality.

Discogs: http://www.discogs.c...n/release/96886