X-Dream - Radio

Guest Deku81

• 5 years later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So...here goes. I had this CD awhile back, sold it, and then repurchased it. It's a lot better than I remember, but I disagree with most of the people here.

Psychomachine is ok. Not great, not game changing...just ok. Rather straight forward without many surprises. Less "psycho" and more, what's the word...factory. I felt Oscillator had more dynamism with added groove.

Next thought...did these guys beatmatch a frog? Sure did. But once you get over the novelty and creativity you're left with a long, drawn out track that doesn't really supply you with anything to grab hold of.

The whole album operates in a dark, futuristic dystopia where we as humans have either lost control or had it forcibly wrestled from us. It's mainly psytrance with some goa elements and a very eerie final downtempo track. This is leaps and bounds away from their last album, but it showed you the direction they were taking as well as that of the whole scene. Gone are the sunshine goa melodies and in their place are dark, noisy sound effect melodies that are good in their own right. Just different. The production is great and the sounds they chose really amplify the sense of dread.

Bottom line...while not as legendary as We Created Our Own Happiness I think this is a very worthwhile album.

• 2 weeks later...