Progressive trance and minimal beats

Detector

Progressive trance can be way more challenging than psytrance. The music sometimes offers so little (take Headcleaner for instance) meaning you really have to work with it to get the effect.

But if the music and you can work together it's mind-boggling. And to me way more than any psytrance can be when both are at their best.

But sure I respect some find it too challenging/boring. And actually I am not a big fan of headcleaner myself. 2nd brigade on the other hand ... yummy for Skelly! :ph34r:

• 4 months later...

I also fail to see the point sometimes.

But generally, progressive is more trance while psychedelic is more psychedelic....

Although most artist's don't use the genre's full potential. Like in most genres.

440985[/snapback]

this makes no sense. the potential would be *outside* any genre, if anything. searching inside a well-established genre would lead to --->> stereotypical cliche trance.

I've always thought people listen to prog psy because they just don't know for better.

I've never come across a fellow who has wide knowledge of electronic music genres and still prefers prog psy.

never.

440986[/snapback]

that would be me and Detector then :D