New Flyer

Tox

OK, I'll go first then :P

Just finished a flyer for a friends party in April.

Most of the graphic's come from the web-site of the Deco-artists they hired to decorate the venue: Maxi Hellweger. You might have seen his work on the 2003 & 2004 VooV-festival. He gave explicit permission to use these images as he considdered it good promotion for his art. It still was a shitty job, cause you can't download it from his web site, so I had to use screenshots.

I integrated some more layers to spice up the psy-factor & created the borders as was requested. I choose the font on the frontside to give it an "invitation-look" & the organiser gave me a list of font's he wanted to be used on the back-side. I chose the one that I liked most but I would have used better ones myself.

This was a nice challenge for me, most of the time I just make something I like myself but this was more an assignment.

Check the links to deviantart for more details or feed-back

I tried linking the picture from Deviantart or Psychedelic.be but apparently only gif's are accepted? no jpeg? :(

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28439153/

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/28439243/

It's nice to seee you continuing to improve your photoshop skils :) you've improved a great deal compared to some years ago!!

Good idea to use the lycra-alike structures for the background!

Only thing i would consider improving the the readability of the small text. a black outline would be more than enough to make it stand out more.

Thats very nice. What program(s) did you use, and how did you get that effect in the background?

430990[/snapback]

All I ever use in Apophysis for the fractals & Photoshop for all the rest. I'm not sure what "effect in the background" you mean, but I always like to put some fractals or geometric patterns in other designs.

@ Rik:

Thnx for the compliment, this means a lot coming from you...

You're still thé master though ;)

Good tip for the outline of the text, I'll keep that in mind for next time, cause these babies were already printed yesterday.

Also glad to see you couldn't put'em in the thread neither :P

Also glad to see you couldn't put'em in the thread neither :P

431032[/snapback]

It appears it shows them as long as you have visited the deviantart site, and only then.... maybe host the jpg files on psychedelic if you want to post images in the future ;)