live vs. live PA

RTP

who fukin cares, they will charge the same money from organisers anyway and organisers will charge the same money from tickets  <_<

?

427852[/snapback]

well you just red my mind, it's all an illusion

you will pay the same and hear the same :lol:

PA System = Public Address system

PA = Public Appearance of an artist not involving performance

Live PA = Public Appearance of an artist involving performance

These definitions come from 20 years of involvement with the club and trance scenes in the UK. I don't particularly care what the rest of you use them to mean, these are the industry definitions here. Sure, they get abused here as much as anywhere else, but those are the root definitions.

Hehe, I also find it kinda cool how many individual answers people have of this actually simple question ... interesting :)

But from my personal experience,in the trance scene LIVE PA indeed means PERSONAL APPEARANCE(as some of u stated),but in reality, the meaning is that the party promoter was too damm cheap to pay the full fee for a "real" and full live act,thus making a deal with the artist to write LIVE PA on the flyer instead of just LIVE,and the artist would just spin his music from cd instead of "playing live".

426702[/snapback]

Yes, yes, this is somewhat what I think it could be. That it's not fully live and you just get a chance to "see the artist performing" ... sorta ... I mean that he does a few things such as overlay synths or re-arranging a few things live, but that much stuff still comes pre-arranged from his lap/DAT whatever...

As it is actually with most one-man appearances anyway, because one man can simply not perform everything live, impossible - even if some do make serious efforts to at least make the effects live (and I honour this!), everything live is impossible doing it alone.

I mean, it also depends how you define live actually! Is it just the arranging of the tracks layers at the mixer board or does the term "live" mean that also synths are played live?

" Live PA is more of an IDM/techno term than psy."

when there use to be a rave scene here "live pa" was always techno guys bringing out a bunch of drum machines and synths and more just jamming than something pre planned.

i dont know why they would use that for psy but that could be pretty cool if someone was actually going to try to do something like that.

everytime i see PA anywhere, I think PRO AUDIO.

I figure for the most part, the gear at a party or event is PRO AUDIO, so adding live to it makes me think WOW, MAYBE THEY'RE WORKING THE "PRO AUDIO... GEAR" AND NOT JUST PLAYING CDs!

But I'm funny like that and Pro Audio Gear is FUN! =] SO PA for me is PRO AUDIO mother fruckers! Jeah, that's right, I have my own IDEA of it too!

teehee

This thread is funny :)

Aaron