Low bpm more entrancing than high bpm?

Goannes

There is also a bilogical part of trance

Trance states also has something to do with bpm

here is the quote that I ve also used in my ma

“ The issue of tempo is an interesting  one considering the possible relationship between the musical tempo and human brain physiology. The frequency alpha waves in the brain, critical in inducing trance states in humans, lies approximately between 8 and 12 cycles per second, and varies from one person to another. Many traditional trance-inducing music of the world contain rhythmic elements which mirror these rates. Typically performances start at the lower level and increase over a period of hours towards a higher level. The gradual increase in frequency allows for the variation in different human alpha wave frequencies. In Goa Trance there is a constant stream of 16th notes which when played at a suggested average of 144 bpm yields a flow of musical events at an average of 9.6 cps. This situation parallels of traditional trance music”

Goa Trance:  A Psykotropic Trip Through Tribedelic Transcapes by Fred Cole

422360[/snapback]

Very interesting El Brujo. I suspected that alpha waves were dominant during trance states, along maybe with theta waves, but i never really delved into the subject. Maybe i should now (or perhaps after i finish my exams). Do you know any relative websites maybe?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic