Whats Your opinion About ULTIMAE Records?

d_vision

Who cares if it's ambient or trance or chill or, or.. ..or .. ..

Genres are for librarians....!

:rolleyes:

I just call it downtempo!

:D

Ultimae is my personal best "downtempo", along with LSD (but i hate their new artwork.... :wank: )

Every release of them is a fine piece of art.

Inspired music, top notch production, great artwork, great people...

My favourite release of 'em (not sure though, cause i love all of them :D) :

Solar Fields - Reflective Frequencies

(This is by far the most amazing space trip i ever listened to... Launches from earth goes through many distant galaxies and lands on an other dimension world)

Peace.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I own from them is the second Carbon Based Lifeforms album, which is pretty solid. That said I almost never listen to it at home, although it is in case of chilled cds I play while I'm teaching my English classes, so its an album I know pretty well subconsiously, even though I can't really recall it off the top of my head.

Only thing I own from them is the second Carbon Based Lifeforms album, which is pretty solid. That said I almost never listen to it at home, although it is in case of chilled cds I play while I'm teaching my English classes, so its an album I know pretty well subconsiously, even though I can't really recall it off the top of my head.

You play ambient during classes? That's cool.

I've only heard one cd from ultimae, and it's asura's Life squared which I didn't really like. Maybe I should check out the other releases, seeing lots of people here admire ultimae that much. So what would be a fine release from ultimae you'd recommend me?

Aes Dana - Aftermath and Memory Shell. I have heard some other Ultimae stuff (Asura, some Fahrenheit comps) and they didn't sound that good but Aftermath and Memory Shell are excellent, sublime atmospheres. Aftermath however is nigh impossible to find on CD but ambient.us is selling a digital version.