Facts,Tips N ideas

For the sake of keeping this thread alive:

Lot's of producers talk about tuning the pitch of the bass to the kick. I'm getting convinced that this is a good idea :) Here's an easy way to do it, that doesn't involve spectrum analysis or cryptic math:

When you have a kick you like, and want to know what pitch it is, simply route it through the most standard distortion you can find. Distort it beyond recognition, until it's just a pure tone (turn it down first!). This tone is the pitch of the kick, and if you tune your bass to this (and the other instruments too), then it will probably sit well in the mix - when the bass is tuned, remove the distortion from the kick, and presto... :D

I did this in this track, and the bottom-end is (if I say so myself) impressive - at least in my own speakers:

LINK

Merry christmas!

-A

• 1 month later...

i found it is very interesting to make psy sounds with my mouth by using softwares like FX Box2.6. what u think. the only disadvantage is, we need to use a tape recorder or another pc connected to the sound output socket to record the live sounds

i am lernin guitar. i hav only learned the basic chords for now. i wasnt knowing how chords are actually constructed on the fret board. like, the notes which makes up a chord and what is actually we r doing when we play a chord. but now all my doubts have gone :) . thanks to chord options given in the menu bar on piano roll of FL Studio :D