Forest?

Well, have you ever been into a Swedish forest during a storm at night? That's how the music tend to feel...

Trees making weird noises, leaves falling, Trolls dancing around you to eat you alive, melodies made by scared people that want the bad spirits to go away... the basslines are nothing else then Giants coming out of the mountains..., every step is a bassline... etc...

Every music listener should have some kind of visions while listening to music, and thats what I feel during Ka Sol, Derango,...

366004[/snapback]

Word :) Exactly my feelings.

And Shpongle is ambient, not psy.

Any DJ that would put on Shpongle on any psy party I've been would be forcefully removed from the DJ box instantly.

That it makes you think about the forest when you put it on in the hi-fi in your apartement is fine, and I can understand that. It's forest music for you.

For people who actually goes into the forest with a big PA to party with their friends forest music is something else. Can you understand that?

365919[/snapback]

some comments from the temple...

first of all,mr.spindrift shpongle IS NOT ambient.they r playing this silly/chilly downtempo "psy" and for simon posford's shake they re not ambient.. :blink:

all the psy-guys tell me this..ambient music is brian eno,biosphere,coil,deutch nepal..

as about the forest case i think its a rather individual thing..for example i can hear ka-sol,texas faggott,shaolin wooden man in the forest but i can also hear very relaxing/ambientish music like ulver's mini cds& njoy them better...its a matter of time, i cant stand this forestcized psychedelia...

Well, have you ever been into a Swedish forest during a storm at night? That's how the music tend to feel...

Trees making weird noises, leaves falling, Trolls dancing around you to eat you alive, melodies made by scared people that want the bad spirits to go away... the basslines are nothing else then Giants coming out of the mountains..., every step is a bassline... etc...

366004[/snapback]

hey anoebis mate..chill a bit..try to hear some diamanda gallas music in the forest.. ;)

first of all,mr.spindrift shpongle IS NOT ambient.they r playing this silly/chilly downtempo "psy"

366144[/snapback]

Ok...."chilly downtempo" is not psy in my book.

Ambient could be classified as being very atmospheric and slow, so maybe thats the wrong term if one wants to knit-pick.

I would call Shopngle chill-out really....anyway....whatever it is it would be a certain party killer (not killaaarghhh) under any circumstances.

it's a particular sound they play in forests... that sounds like dark psy a but it isn't... you know what i mean?

365809[/snapback]

I had a discussion about this matter with one guy, he said that Derango is darkpsy and wouldn't accept the term "forestpsy", just marketing marketing gimmick, he said <_<