minimal techno

It is said that minimal is no more than (tribute to) the fashion

however, i do like it.

What do you think of the minimal ?

some favorite djs/artists ?

Minimal is around for quite some time now and it is getting more known lattely. I still think that it is more than just a trend or fashion. But I don't like it at all, it's not music I understand. To me it sounds just like a beat with some noises over it. But I guess this is not really a surprise since I don't like a lot of progressive so minimal is far away from what I like.

I fucking love this shit. A lot of the classic Kompakt-esque minimal sort of bores me, but this minimal-tech-house hybrid that I've been hearing lately (especially from Scandanavia) is the dog's balls. Wicked stuff - some of it is IMO more psychedelic than most "psychedelic" trance being released nowadays. It also works as a great crossover to some more subtle electro-house sounds.

Some of my favorites...

Trentemøller (the king)

Martinez (this guy is a fucking god in studio!!!!)

Maetrik (the Texan who sounds more German than most Germans)

Minilogue (their recent stuff on Traumschallplatten & Frosty Music)

Kalle M

Jussi Pekka

Matthias Schaffhäuser

cool labels:

Out of Orbit (my absolute favorite label these days)

Frozen North Recordings

Audiomatique

Poker Flat

Deeplay/Deeplay Soultec

Worldless Productions

Also keep an eye out for a new Swedish label called Frosty Music - I've only heard samples so far, but they are really pushing the new Minilogue minimal sound.

And just for a little plug, there is going to be quite a bit of this style during the first hour of my internet radio broadcast tonight. Check it out on www.mercurysessions.com - the show is called Broken Symmetry and comes on from 8-10pm German time (2-4pm NYC time). The mix in the first hour starts off with some more minimal sounds and also has a bit of the dirty electro-tech-house in it as well. :)

oh yeh, the new Maetrik starts out very good. cool sounds & dark atmosphere.

359928[/snapback]

Which one? I just have some of the tracks from his album that was released on Treibstoff earlier this year. Does he have a new 12" out? :)

I don't keep myself updated on any 12", I am refering to the album entitled 'casi profundo'. you must hear the first track 'defiance', if not the entire album.

I don't keep myself updated on any 12", I am refering to the album entitled 'casi profundo'. you must hear the first track 'defiance', if not the entire album.

360046[/snapback]

Yep, "Defiance" is definitely my favorite track of his. :) The way the track develops from the beginning is excellent. I also really dig "Funnels" from the album as well. Good stuff.