Which composer/group do you think copies others' people work

i think x-dream, which i loved BEFORE releasing this shitty album irrittant, which is gay and progressive, i suppose they need money, x-dream copy the delta and some minimalistic composers nowadays. what's your opinion.

Guest Setsuko

X-Dream copy delta ?? ha ha - X-Dream IS a part of the Delta .. are you sure you can label the music as gay ?? that's pathetic , realy

Irritant is so powerfull , it's a new wave through the scene .. distorted psychedelica - play it loud !

X-Dream started the minimal psytrance scene imo

the real copycats are 3DVision / TIP.World / GMS hit formules .... so boring

Guest psytek

the delta is a side project of xdream... so it's natural it sounds a bit the same. but about copying, wether it's creative or not depends of the musician's talent. and it's the same in every kind of music, good music is copied by young artists just because they like it, with more or less success. normal creative process, i've got anything against that.

Guest Psychedellic Mempho

i loved x dream in te past....more fresher an cleaner.....

now....its just the same as the delta....irritant is a oring song...sorry but its true

Guest Raider

Lately, I think GMS have stolen man of Absolum's ideas. But it sounds great... but not as great as the original Absolum tracks.

copy cats..... well there are a whole lot of them now aren't there.... i would say that a large number of fringe artists in sweden and israel copy other artists ideas... examples - necton copying formulas established by son kite, noma etc. in israel, this could be applied to yahel, first he copied a lot of pvd influenced music... i think he completely plagiarized muses rapt - spiritual healing (in waves of sound album) and nowadays he is trying to copy the more mettalic sound from israel ala psysex, psycraft etc... other copy cats would probably be alien project in his earlier work... but not so much nowadays.. as far as the germans go i think they plagiarize a lot from other scenes in that country running parralel to psy like gabber, techno etc... infected mushroom with their soundscapes also sometimes copy.. like noise maker starts with a soundscape from one of moby's songs... oh and of course skazi....

btw.. i wouldn't say tip world is a copy cat... albums like mystery of 13 crystal skulls are very original.... infact that particular album was the most original in the last couple of years....

gms copies their own style of music.. i would even say that a lot of the british guys are also copying stuff from progressive artists in that country...

but in actuallity everyone in our scene has copied frankie goes to hollywood, klf, front line assembly etc.... funny ain't it?

yes it is true... X-Dream has copied The Delta... just like Spirallianz did to MidiMiliz

and btw, gay music????, Shitty album????

get out of here!

Guest sudh1r

shut up 3DVision, tip and gms rule!!!

i think its the minimal artists which are copycats because all the @!#$ sounds same to me!!

Guest Jaimz

It seems to me that you are all perceiving an artist being influenced by another artist as an artist copying another artist. As an example, many people disliked Future Prophecy's "Freak" album as similar to the X-Dream sound - people claimed they'd copied X-Dream, but I for one very much enjoyed it, because I saw they were merely influenced by the X-Dream sound. Their is nothing wrong with artists immitating other artists - much of the principles of music is built upon this. New ideas are usually an entertaining or interesting hybrid of previous ideas. Another example - Matenda is obviously influenced by S-Range, who is obviously influenced by Atmos, who is obviously influenced by X-Dream. The X-Dream sound itself is heavily influenced by stuff from Sven Vath's Hardhouse label, which is influenced by EBM and synthpop, and so on.

All music is created equal.

Guest Setsuko

shpongle copies FSOL and Banco De Gaia ...

no realy ... the 3DVision is horrible .. just those basslines .. yuk .. dooom di dooom di dooom ... been there done that .

ofcourse "the mystery... " is an exception but other TIP.world releases are so passé .

Guest spacemonkey - 604

"well i think they all copy eachother all psytrance is just gay music, with a monotomus gay beat!

and the music should be free!!!!

and minimal is stupid too!!!!!!!!!!!

and hippies are stupid!!!!!!

and everybody is stupid!!!!!!!!!"

i think this just sums it all up, doesn't it?

Guest roopak@procyonrecords.com

guys, i think alpha was kidding about X-dream and the delta.

ps- I think Sound Farmerz copy GMS.