FLStudio

Guest The Journey Man Project

I played a 3.5 hours set at a birthday party yesterday... it was me with alaptop runing FLStudio 5 and my mate how ran two Roland TB-303 with Devilfish enhancements (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TB-303) and we also had a dude we didn't really know playing with a Waldorf MicroQ keyboard... it was pretty much all done in real time, me busy click clicky with the mouse, the 303's going mad and the Waldorf, was well, interesting hehe... we got a great response, lots of older peole said it reminded them of the early acid techno days, mixed with a bit of really early goa.. FLStudio was fun, relaible and easy to adjust... mainly ran beats through it but a few of the built in synths were fun... I can't see it being a tool for professional recording, but as a live real time tool it is great fun... but the real fun was watching my mate with his two 303's, he's had them for 10 years now and some of the sounds he was ripping out were amazing, no comparison to the synths out now-a-days... the anologue sounds are just so juice and phat... good set, though 3.5 hours were pretty har but the first 30 minute and last 30 minutes were beatless with the Waldorf and 303's playig nutty ambient music :DB) The BPM for most the set was around 145-155bpm, seeing as we played 10pm-1:30am... then I went home to bed, had to work this a.m... all in all just want to say I love FLStudio, very fun and simple program for old scholl sounds :D

Yeah... I'm pissed off coz I was offered one a vouple of years agout for around 300 Euro but I was broke at the time :( We were using this old mixing deck my brother in law had, it was huge!! But it did the job ROFL... I also had a sample cd of really old house/hip hop/happy hardcore vocal samples which was hilarious :lol: I saw a lot of old school raver with big grins on their faces... it's not something I"d ever record or do as a pro, but for fun events, it was great :D Then some dude came on to play psy trance with his nordlead 3 and it sounded sooooo ummmm mundane? Like everything new today,t he old skool sounded freaher hehe :D

ooo a Q i want one of those!!!!!!!!

thats great u did live PA! its very satisfying, hope u recorded it.

my buddy and me also do this, for chillout mainly, he uses a huge Korg workstation, and i run Live+Reason+MIDI Controllers, and we combine into a mixer. its alot of fun. however it can get repetitive and it takes a long time for me to load up the next tune. i wonder if anyone has advice on loading the next song in live? or do they use 1 huge song. hmmm

FL is a good tool for live PA too, most people dont know it, thanx for reminding :)

cant stand to compose with it tho!!

however it can get repetitive and it takes a long time for me to load up the next tune.  i wonder if anyone has advice on loading the next song in live?  or do they use 1 huge song. hmmm

good question.. one i been wondering about myself for a while :unsure: i thought of having 1 mixer and 2 laptops.. 1 laptop for each track, 1/2 the mixer for each laptop. i think that may get confusing and with my burnt short term memory..will probably forget which knob does what! :blink:

good question.. one i been wondering about myself for a while  :unsure:  i thought of having 1 mixer and 2 laptops.. 1 laptop for each track, 1/2 the mixer for each laptop. i think that may get confusing and with my burnt short term memory..will probably forget which knob does what! :blink:

344838[/snapback]

that could be either overkill on your wallet, or a LOT of fun!!! or both :lol:

at Shambala i saw an artist running laptop Live into a mixer, and a CDJ100 into the other channel, and he mixed between those.

B)

Yeah that's similar to Son Kite's set up... I actually find a laptop really boring to watch, one reason why I love Acid Tek is it is done 100% live, no laptop... I saw Aphjex Twin live and whilst the music was great, he only used a laptop, no mixing deck or anything, and it was ssssssssssooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring to watch, mught as well have stayed at home and listened to his albums... psytrance is at this point, and it is really boring... at least with a dj you can see them doing something :P