VERY IMPORTANT : CHAOS UNLIMITED ORDERS

Is that normal I receive an E-Mail asking me, after having sent an order :

"as a one off security check we need you to supply the following info.

please fax us a copy of your credit card on 0044 1273 702517 to prove you are the holder. If you let me know you are going to do this and i will reserve your

order and let you know it's status. You will only have to do this once and you can order as much as you like."

??? Really dangerous thing IMHO.

Did you had to do the same thing and is it the right Fax number you sent it to ?

Guest yellow submariner

This is typical for most mail order shops so you should not be surprised AT ALL. Just make sure the message really came from them.

With all the fraud going on [primarily from Eastern Europe] shops need to protect themselves from fraud otherwise they would go out business very quickly.

Actually I believe this is the normal procedure with some online stores... A couple of years back I had to order some clothes for my girlfriend at cyberdog.co.uk and they asked me for the same thing... A photocopy of my creditcard...

DeathPosture

Guest dam10n

phone them children, make sure its legit. Tel is same nr. as the fax.

Never heard of this but a quick call to them oughta straighten it out.

Guest Jaimz

I was asked to do the same thing when I first ordered with Chaos.

It didn't bother me. It didn't strike me as dangerous, either.

Guest David

These steps may seem like a nuisance, but before we learned we took the hit from 4 fraudulent charges from Eastern Europe. That lesson cost us about $1000 and nearly put us out of business. Just my 2 cents...

- David

UMP

www.umprod.com

Guest Mike D

Yes, Chilfren, be very damn careful!! We ordered, my girlfriend that is, 100 pounds worth of stuff from flying rhino, and we emailed them heaps for three months and they kept making excuses as to why our stuff hadn't been sent, and it wasn't until we contacted Visa fraud department and asked them to call flying rhino that flying rhino finally sent one of the items and refunded the rest of the money. I am still a big fan of flying rhinog, always have been, but thanks to those dickheads it almost totally ruined their music for me. Do not trust anyone, call them. It might cost a lot to call them, but it is better than being ripped off!!

Guest psychotropic

Gotta agree with everyone on this. Very good practice, we've been doing it from day one yet we still get couple orders using stolen credit cards. The funny thing is our rules are spelled out when you check YET these thieves somehow think they will get their CDS. NEVER HAPPENS.

Half the time they'll use fake email addresses, the other half does not reply when asked for additional documents. We just refund the money, notify the REAL card holder and the Feds.

jake

trancetrax.com

P.S. http://www.secretservice.gov/financial_crimes.shtml

i think its a bad practice. and i would personaly never send a fax of my cc# thats just nuts. you never know what happens to that paper on the other end. there is no need for this kind of thing. there are thousands and thousands of on line and phone buisinesses none of which ask for a fax of your cc. besides....it doesnt even prove anything.

if i had a cc3 that wasnt mine and i knew you were going to ask for a fax of the cc...all i would do is make a fake one in photoshop with thise #s and my pic all that stuff.........see...its a fax...no one would ever know it wasnt a real cc#

dont send it.

i think its a bad practice. and i would personaly never send a fax of my cc# thats just nuts. you never know what happens to that paper on the other end. there is no need for this kind of thing. there are thousands and thousands of on line and phone buisinesses none of which ask for a fax of your cc. besides....it doesnt even prove anything.

if i had a cc# that wasnt mine and i knew you were going to ask for a fax of the cc...all i would do is make a fake one in photoshop with thise #s and my pic all that stuff.........see...its a fax...no one would ever know it wasnt a real cc#

dont send it.

Guest Jaimz

Ouroboros, that's a very frustrating comment from you.

Do you really think some shady Eastern European characters are going to spend a day in Photoshop coming up with an authentic looking image of a visa card just to order music from Chaos Unlimited?

And exactly what is nuts about you sending a fax of your credit card to someone who you've already sent your credit card details to anyway? A fax is actually far more secure than an e-mail - do you have any idea how many routers your e-mail goes through? I've spoken to people who would RATHER fax than e-mail their credit card details. I used to have an account with a merchant bank, and they refused to allow me to do transfers over the phone - I had to fax the details to them because it was more secure!

Those thousands of on-line businesses which don't ask for a fax are just the ones who haven't been ripped off yet.

I can't believe the level of distrust you people show Chaos Unlimited! These people are wonderfully nice people who have been in the business of mail ordering music for at least five or six years! They have had nothing but good comments on this forum, and yet the minute they ask a new customer - someone who they don't know and could be anyone - for a fax of their credit card and then you all get hardcore paranoid and think they're trying to rip you off!

Dickheads.

Guest sukanta

i've never had to do this , even the first time i ordered at chaos...

but it may be a new procedure , it was a long time ago when i first ordered at chaos

bom

Guest roopak@procyonrecords.com

I had to do the same the first time I ordered from Chaos and I've had nothing but friendly & first class service from them since...

Guest Helwinn

Sure, Folks!

You can trust them at Chaos. They are doing a very good job as well as trancetrax.com...The real Trance music needs them to survive!

Thanx to both Chaos and Trancetrax!

Bom everybody! ;-)

Guest the skragg

it is totally normal children - It is just the first timeu order - I' had to do the same thing and I'm ordering from South Africa

I have been ordering happily from Chaos for three years now - they are reliable, friendly and generally very prompt. I have never been asked for my card to be faxed, but I suggest you call them. You won't get a reply until after Wednesday (it's a national holiday here at the moment) but you can be sure that they'll explain why they have to have a fax if it is necessary.

The only time Chaos messed up an order was when they sent me the same batch of cds twice - and they were fine about full refunding (though in the end I gave many of the cd's to my brother for his b'day).

There are times to be cynical, but I would have to say that in dealing with Chaosunlimited I have had nothing but smiles from people who love the music as much as I do...

bomble