V/A - Unhinged (Last Possible Solution, 2004)

Lauryn

VA- Unhinged

Last Possible Solution 2004

1. Damage 'Funky Beats'

2. Scorb 'Kakah Tooki'

3. Icebreaker 'Patron of Pot'

4. Tenzing & Green Reefah 'Robot-o-Me'

5. RAM 'Liquid Lunch'

6. Broken Toy (Scorb Rmx) 'Absolutely'

7. Scorb 'Phibian'

8. Far East Ghost vs. NRS 'Unbreakable'

9. NRS 'Resurge'

Damage- "Funky Beats"- I purchased this cd after hearing the real audio sample for this track, and consequently, it ends up being one of my favorites on the cd, This track is a slightly different twist on the damage sound....Its a slower, funkier groove that chugs along around 137 for a bit before busting out the sample "This the best you can do? No new style?" Hell yeah there's a new style, and its killerrrr...then the gritty breakbeat and raw damage synth sounds that I loveee...the funky beat sample repeats a bit much....but hey, I'm not complaining cause this track ROCKSSSSSS! (and a dope ending as well ) 9/10

Scorb- "Kakah Tooki"- This track literally rips its self open diving straight into the madness....this one's got a good solid groove goin on as well, with bubbly synths weaving in and out of the track...we arrive at the main melody, a very full sound all around....and what a kick ass wacked out sample!!! hehehehehe- the best i've heard in a while, and after that, well, its some full on madness, an eerie melody enters the mix, reminiscent of 'Special Liquid' off the full length and then the final breakdown and build up-- pure madness. 10/10

Icebreaker "Patron of Pot"- And a snare roll to start it off....a nice rolling bassline, and the rest of the elements of the track sweep down into place...a synth line that bends and folds and weaves all around, another snare roll introduces the next section of the track. The grittier synth lines give way to smoother sounds. and following the final breakdown is when all the elements of this track really seem to pull together....and then it all sweeps away as quickly as it came....leaving us with an eerie presence....8/10

Tenzig & Green Reefah "Robot-o-Me"- And a deep full bass to start it off...at first listen, this track sounds a bit grittier than that ones that came before....after introducing a few techier sounds....a few synth lines seemingly dance in and out of the track. But the real magic of this track comes in the break, which combines a slower and faster feel along with an ambient melody...it reverses for a bit....and then back to the original sound...the synth sounds are perhaps a bit piercing at times, but with such a great bassline, the groove is definately maintained...then yet another KILLER break- the best in the track. 8/10

RAM "Liquid Lunch"- Straight into the groove, lots of interesting sounds going on, lots of short sharp synth sounds, very percussive....the first break, a distorted sample...and we woosh into the next section...a rolling bassline and synth...a subtle snare roll and we're back to the original sparse groove and then a slow build flanged into a breakdown, the bass drops out and then bam! the groove is back in, bouncing along, the synth sounds stab into the track, but its got that classic south african sound that I love... 7/10

Broken Toy "Absolutely (Scorb Rmx)"- And a calm soothing ambiance to start us out....magical magical magical...and BAM we're in. The raw S.A. breakbeat...synths swirling....and as everything swirls and builds behind a groovin synth line "absofukinlutely!" and wow....this is where the craziness begins....great sample manipulation...and its *still* swirling and building "infukincredible" I kid you not- it is! and the dark synth swoops down giving way to a morning melody......a key change in the bassline, reminiscent of old progressive trance....but the naaasty synth weaves its way back in.......and then we're into breakbeats---wow wow wow wow wow wow!!!! LOVE this part....the sample manipulation is KILLERRRRRRR!!!!!!! Best track on the cd. Absofukinlutely 10/10

Scorb "Phibian"- A wooshing intro for this one....metallic percussion still building...and the groove is on...lots of subtle quirky samples....a quick break and yet more synth melodies introduced.....complex and intricate...they weave is and out of one another...a zooooooooming break....and we're back in again....really coool sample usage.....and the popcorn synths take over...another short break and hugeeee build up and this track takes offfff!!!! ripping synths as the track wooshes and winds down...8/10

Far East Ghost Vs NRS "Unbreakable"- Ominous thunder sounds start us off and a menacing synth....perhaps a bit faster than most of the other tracks on this cd..a galloping bassline, zippering synths, the addition of industrialesque percussion....a huge build up and we're at half time...and this one slamsss right back in...techy sounding synths with an ambient pad in the background.....and a looonng snare roll...abrasive synth sounds, another break, and this slammms back in. wow. this track just keeps getting more and more full on. Its not really my thing, but would definately rock any dancefloor 7/10

NRS "Resurge"- A massiveee synth and snare roll introduce this rockin track. driving bassline and a creeping synth....laser snares push this track forward...and the synth speaks to us.....but its that mean bassline that's keeping this track moving along....some more ambient sounds are interspersed evolving and adding on more percussive elements.-- and the break...eerie sounds...growling synth....and...that mean bassline is back! A sparser track that many of the others on this comp, allowing for many of the individuals elements to stand out more....A good track all around! 7/10

Overall- A good solid full on groovin compilation from a new and upcoming label! Also features killer cover artwork from scorb. Dark dirty gritty groovin tracks....I've been listening non-stop since I got it in the mail 9/10

boring techno

327383[/snapback]

you have no knowledge about music at all...

this techno... it's dark fullon you idiot... there's nothing minimal in this release, this is full dark psyschedelic trance...

I know you never heard the album before... so don't reply...

techno... you're just a kid of 14 years old or reply like one....

there's nothing techno in this release... it isn't even psytekk what is more techno like....

<_<

this techno... it's dark fullon you idiot... there's nothing minimal in this release, this is full dark psyschedelic trance...

techno... you're just a kid of 14 years old or reply like one....

there's nothing techno in this release... it isn't even psytekk what is more techno like....

<_<

327391[/snapback]

1.dark full on sound like something between techno and hardcore to me.

2.dark full on is not psychedelic music. (the same i write about progressive trance)

1.dark full on sound like something between techno and hardcore to me.

2.dark full on is not psychedelic music. (the same i write about progressive trance)

327719[/snapback]

you suck men and I'm getting bored of your replies :ph34r:

no problem but i write what i listen.

sorry man.

327976[/snapback]

no you have no respect at all for diferent styles of goa...

there is no 'best' goa is just taste...

why bash of all the time it sucks big time...

and the way you bash off sucks even bigger...

stop it now <_<

no you have no respect at all  for diferent styles of goa...

there is no 'best' goa is just taste...

why bash of all the time it sucks big time...

and the way you bash off sucks even bigger...

stop it now  <_<

328036[/snapback]

This is the point: dark full on, morning full on and progressive trance housy are not psychedelic. I don't write are bad, i write are far away from hallucinogen music. This is the true: psychedelic is died :angry:

And who said techno is minimal?  :)

328619[/snapback]

I know techno and comparing to psytrance techno is more minimal...

the techno back in the days... I've heard techno is changed and become more full but I'm not in the techno scéne anmyore so not up to date anymore so you could be right...

but you know my statement was agianst ale bashing of behaouvior and not about tehcno ;)

Guest The Journey Man Project

This is the point: dark full on, morning full on and progressive trance housy are not psychedelic. I don't write are bad, i write are far away from hallucinogen music. This is the true: psychedelic is died :angry:

328229[/snapback]

Hehe funny mate... you should maybe ask some producers from the Goa days what they think... I mean, if they invented it they'd know what it is supposed to be? A lot of them like this style... heck, I remeber seeing Astral Projection play a set years ago and it'd put most of the dark trance out today to shame... they said it was not for release stuff, but god it was evil and hard B) Goa has died, not psy...

heard this cd at a mates place and it is awesome... some of the dark psy sounds sooooo like the '97-'99 style, just heavier bass and some samples aren't so clever... "Dark Psy" is by far the best proession in the scene B)

<_<

327391[/snapback]

ah, i c , this is the place where u get all ur info about psytrance, u have 2 get it somewhere, don't u ;) ...

k, i am gonna read here a lot 2 then, hope 2 get as wise as u , in some time...

knowledge is power ;)

my favourits r :

2. Scorb 'Kakah Tooki' , 4 that silly sample : look @ people's faces when the first hear that sample on the dancefloor...

7. Scorb 'Phibian' , check the last 3min. of that song ! ...

ah, i c , this is the place where u get all ur info about psytrance, u have 2 get it somewhere, don't u ;) ...

k, i am gonna read here a lot 2 then, hope 2 get as wise as u , in some time...

knowledge is power ;)

my favourits r :

2. Scorb 'Kakah Tooki' , 4 that silly sample : look @ people's faces when the first hear that sample on the dancefloor...

7. Scorb 'Phibian' , check the last 3min. of that song ! ...

331563[/snapback]

I didn't get my knowledge from psynews...

damn I got my knowledge by listening to... I'm only have internetconncetion at home for 2 years now... so...

knowledge is power :rolleyes: ... I hope your joking cause I'm starting not to like you more and more <_<

tell me you are joking...

about ale... you don't know the history.... he's been spamming wrong information about music so many times it's to much...

everyone's taste and opinion ok but don't spread wrong information about music because you don't like the music...

what if everyone did that bashing every review of music he/she doesn't like... it would be huge problem...

have respect.... and you get respect.... :ph34r: