cubase and midi compresor

Hi again :-O how do I add compressor to two midi tracks?

for example the bass line with the kick so the are grouped under one compresor or any other thing I may wanna do to the borth at the same time.. I can do this in the general mixer but it will compress all the tracks not just those two..

Thanks again

Hi again :-O how do I add compressor to two midi tracks?

for example the bass line with the kick so the are grouped under one compresor or any other thing I may wanna do to the borth at the same time.. I can do this in the general mixer but it will compress all the tracks not just those two..

Thanks again

311419[/snapback]

U can add compressor only to audiotrack or to any VSTi track, Midi track u can only route to any midi input of VSTi or any external sound module.... or general midi sound bank of your soudcard. Midi says what would be to play.

U can add compresor to FX track and route there audio tracks or Vsti .....

or u can group kick and bass or something else

have a good time

there is a midi compressor in cubase, open the track parameter of the desired midi channel and its the 3rd option down (Vel-compress), however i doubt that is what ure after. because it acts as a velocity compressor rather than an audio compressor.

so:

route the output of the vstis to a group channel. right click on the track field:select group.

in the general mixer, you can now route the desired channels to that group channel.

add whatever you want as an insert effect....

is it really a good idea to use the the same compressor ratio, threshold, release and attack on both bass and kick?

if it f.ex. were a reverb or delay, i would create a fx-track with the desired effect and just send the signal from the individual tracks :)

s it really a good idea to use the the same compressor ratio, threshold, release and attack on both bass and kick?

by using this method you can achive an effect often refered to as "pumping", the kik pulls down the level of the bass when it playes.....