falling out of sync

i came back to a track i was working on that i thought sounded nice, but it needed the tempo speeded up.

when i did this (adjusting the tempo on the transport bar in cubase), me bassline fell out of sync with the kick.

this is probly a stupid question that i havent thought through fully yet but why is this?

no amount of manual dragging with snap on and off could get them in time, like they were at the slower speed.

is it fixable without having to record a new bassline? :huh:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks i managed to timestretch it to fit the bar, but still loads of moving it about with snap off to get it to fit excactly right.

i think the act of timestretching it exposed the slight out of time difference that falls away toward the end of the bar.

feck it i'll record it again. its no longer in midi though, that'll teach me to keep my original basslines in midi so i can see what notes and when etc. when i need them again.

pain in the star but i live and learn...

thanks all! :)

thanks i managed to timestretch it to fit the bar, but still loads of moving it about with snap off to get it to fit excactly right.

i think the act of timestretching it exposed the slight out of time difference that falls away toward the end of the bar.

feck it i'll record it again. its no longer in midi though, that'll teach me to keep my original basslines in midi so i can see what notes and when etc. when i need them again.

pain in the star but i live and learn...

thanks all! :)

318994[/snapback]

Its a VERY good idea to make a ex. folder-track in the project with all your miditracks, then you can always go and get them.

Also when i record ex. a patch from a synth, i (in Cubase) I use (in the inspector) The "note" box to note down what patch that is recorded on this track.