new Swan X-1 track :: Ritual :: check it!

Hello people

it would be wonderful to get some opinions about our new track, we're shifting our style a bit and could use sincere reviews...

Swan X-1 :: Ritual

http://www.swanx.net/mp3/Swan_X-1_-_Ritual_preview.mp3

Swan X-1 is a psy live.act from Portugal. We play live guitars, drums, synths and fx.

Big Boom for all!

Hello people

it would be wonderful to get some opinions about our new track, we're shifting our style a bit and could use sincere reviews...

307555[/snapback]

a sincere review follows my man ;)

refreshingly different! Cool direction. Nice to hear guitars in a more creative way, the guitar sustain especially sounded fresh! As a guitarist myself I have always wondered why psy-guitar riffs always have to be so cheesy and lame?!! But this made me sit up and listen!

On the negative side, or rather positive criticism side:

- Needs more structure. Sounds a bit like a jam. Needs a balance between intense and chilled out areas, building up/layering of the sounds to give it a bit of tension and keep it interesting for the dancefloor. More sequenced fx could help solve this perhaps?

-Lacks groove. Full of awesome sounds and melodies but the "funk" is a bit lost in the arrangement.

- Too many different sounds/fx/stabs. Throw some out, repeat others.

But fuck, it's great to here someone out there is heading in a new direction! I am sure you guys must put on one hell of a show! Hope you can use this input :) Good luck!

10x for the sincere review man! highly apreciated :)

yes, i think as you, people complaint about guitars on psy just because they are always used the same way... it's our center aim to respect the guitar and to use it in its wide spectrum of sounds and techniques :)

about structure, sounds coming and going etc, this is the first track were we do this, we tried to shift the song like if we were dragged by some strong force :D

the track is 9:20 long, and its like the part i showed you is wandering around and all sounds get integrated into one powerful groove in the end... i think the end missing would give another perspective of the global story.

About groove, i think you can be very right, so i'll look at it with diferent eyes to see what i feel about it, 10x!

some more tracks coming soon, but, meanwhile, keep those reviews coming :D !

Very refreshing different style indeed. The guitars are just superb! Lovely stuff. Also very nice use of percussion!

I didn't like the bass that much though - it sounds a bit amatuerish. Could be me though ;p

I would also recommend you guys to stay away from VST presets. I know it's a good one but it sounds very lame when you recognise it :P

Other than that it's hard to say anything more since the track isn't the full version :P

As mentioned though, superb use of guitars and a very nice choice of style. Keep on posting stuff here, would love to hear more of this stuff and how you guys evolve :)