*I need your opinon :)!*

Guest DjBlondiE

Ok, so I am going into the studio to record my latest CD...and i would like your opinion on which set you think would be cooler....there are only a few changes...but let me know! thanks so much!--your input counts :) I have starred * the track differences...and, for those that reply, i will send you a CD when i am done recording...

Set #1:

1. U.X.-Dominion

2. Dark Soho- Agressive

3. Quirk- Glam Slam

4. Haldolium- One of These Days

*5. Fractal Glider- Colonization

6. Slide- The Search

*7. Fractal Glider- Mezmorized

8. The Groupie Syndrome- Pacemaker

*9. Stripper- Out of Memory

*10. Prana- Boundless

11. Tim Schuldt- Pretty Poison

12. Universal Sound- ?

13. Bamboo Forest- White Label

14. Space Fish- Warm Stream

15. Four Carry Nuts- Lucy

16. Doof- Mars Needs Women

-------

Set #2

1. U.X.-Dominion

2. Dark Soho- Agressive

3. Quirk- Glam Slam

*5. Gemsis- Panic

6. Slide- The Search

*7. Solaris- Out There

*9. Syb Unity Network- Space Puppy

*10. Astral Projection- Flying Into a Star

12. Universal Sound- ?

15. Four Carry Nuts- Lucy

16. Doof- Mars Needs Women

Guest Entare

I think that they r both good but the first one will definetly work except I would take one Fractal glider song out (make it your choice cos they r both good) and put Solaris 's song Out there instead. I hope u make ur mix just the way u like it. bOOm!!!

Guest Benny K

Nice work!

I like them both. And a nice touch by ending off with a track that mentions the fact that women are needed. :)

I would go with Fractal 5, then Solaris 7, then stick with the rest of Set 2 from then on.

It looks good. Good luck with it all.

Guest Rumz

Again, both sound cool.... personally I think that Space Puppy will bring more energy to the set than out of memory, but im not sure about flying into a star after space puppy, It might be a bit of a come down.. not sure... depends what you want i guess, so set two kinda getts my vote still. I cant help with the fractal glider tracks because i do not know their style very well. I think the finish i great btw... I love mars needs women ,it just doesnt get played enough.

Hope that is of some use?

RumZ

Guest Jeto

The first set looks cool

coz Astral Projection into TIm Shultd seems little dodgy

besides I love that Fractal Glider on Boom Records

Guest hoffy

nice one ;) Both sets look nice but i'd go with the second.

If you are interested in my opinion, personally I think that Astral into Tim Schuldt is good, but i wouldn't choose "Flying Into a Star"... personally, i'd go with something of "another world", like visions or nilaya.. anyway... i don't know Gemsis- Panic but i don't know if Fractal Glider could follow on from Haldolium; seems like too much of a change of pace, if you know what i mean. The haldolium track never really "takes off" whereas fractal's is quite heavy.. If Gemsis is similar i'd consider throwing in a track that is a little more.. relaxed ;).. or dispensing with one of these days....

anyhow, thats just my opinion, coming from someone with little if any mixing ability =)

One more thing... Mars Needs Women.. GREAT CHOICE =)))

Guest DjBlondiE

thanks you guys! So, I think this is going to be the final set plan... i took out both fractal glider tracks because they didn't 100% work in the flow of things...i have to get that special feeling from each mix... **oops, spelling error, the Semsis track( not Gemsis), PANIC is definitely a good! it is old off of the Atomic label, and it works in this bizarre way that i have seemed that and the Haldolium track together...i use a couple different styles of mixing in the set...a big key of mine is getting the tracks in sync both rhthymically and with the breaks going at the same time...oh yah, and if there are any more opinions, keep them coming because I am not recording right this second :) thanks!

1. U.X.-Dominion

2. Dark Soho- Agressive

3. Quirk- Glam Slam

*5. Semsis- Panic

6. Slide- The Search

*7. Solaris- Out There

*9. Syb Unity Network- Space Puppy

*10. Prana- Boundless

12. Universal Sound- Third I

15. Four Carry Nuts- Lucy (Male)

16. Doof- Mars Needs Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(so does the producing scene)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest lurk

It looks like a very nice set; but personally I don't like knowing exactly what I'm going to play before I play it. Usually I know what I'm going to start with, and what I'm going to finish with; I find that this improves the flow in between. Also, I find that this helps for when you have to go and play out at a party, because the times I have known (or thought I've known) excatly what I'm going to play a party I haven't played any of it, because you neer know how the crowd is going to be, or what the dj before you is going to do. This is just what works for me though, the most important thing is to do whatever works for you :-)

Guest Brain

I think its a tricky set ..... It has ups and downs ... IMO , it is not balanced ..

1) You start with very powerful tracks like dominion , aggressive and then haldolium comes up with a downtempo track which fits more for intro or outro ....

2)Another very important issue is that almost all the tracks are quite old ....

3) There is no story in this set ... switches from light to darkness fast and with no balance.. example : from pacemaker(dark) to space puppy(power-psy) and then boundless(goa) closing with pretty poison(dark)...after that follows some neutral tracks not really hard or powerful and then the mysterious dark lucy comes from nowhere and in the end the funny but powerful track mars needs woman ...it is a bizzare mix ! looks random to me !

Here is a small example of what i do sometimes ...

A dark set example

1 intro - downtempo track , 2 and 3 some sort of minimalistic tech like shiva chandra-lish-yumade, 3,4 some harder technostuff like midimiliz,spirallianz-delta, 5,6 a bit darker minimal like Nerve , tetraktys going faster with some x-dream and dark soho and faster like xenomorph and tim schuldt and faster synthetic , absolum , skazi .... and finishing with the most powerful track from the set... example : COP el Ninio !

Anyway thats my opinion .... :)

GoodLuck with your set !

-stay psychedelic-

I think your mix looks pretty good B... Though as others have mentioned, you might wanna reconsider the flow, as it tends to have quite dramatic changes in style... Not necessarily a bad thing, it's just something that I think that you have to take into consideration when choosing the final set-list...

Oh, and I really LIKE the fact that you've mixed new and old classic tracks... Very nice indeed... I'd luv to hear the finished mix once! ;o)

Stay fresh!

DeathPosture

OH GOD NOT OLD MUSIC

PLEASE THROW THAT BACK INTO THE GRAVE FROM WHENCE YOU DUG IT UP

;)

just joking of course... why is old a problem for some people? isnt the necessary attribute 'good' for music? not age?

as for the set.. i dont see a flow, though there are many nice tracks there. you sure dont have to stick with all the same style, nor does every transition have to be fluid and sublime, yet i think there's too much jumping around in there... space puppy, dominion, pretty poison... that would probably all go together well

Guest DjBlondiE

Ok, i know several of you do not think that the set will flow...i can't explain the mixing style by writing, but i will write the vision of the mix in my next post...my vision is one long, ever-changing, psychedelic song...that, which i will explain in a couple hours...i will explain, how, it could possibly work--even when some of it may sound a bit bizarre....you might change your minds when the mix is actually recorded, maybe my style is a bit different and some may like it

Guest DjBlondiE

The music starts off on a powerful trip and then flows into the hard, driving sound of Dark Soho's "Agressive." Then, the mix takes a bizarre, softer, lighter, twist--not full-on psychedelic, but a beat that continues to pump through your veins to the Haldolium track that spookily carries that same pulsating throb...and then, the track breaks and i bring in the Semsis track which is almost like a re-birth of sound, with a strong sense of fierceness and thumping loud psychedelic melodies. Solaris's "out there" brings a bouncy psychedelic beat to the mix, that is still twisted and danceable...the mix continues to get full on and crazy, and then bounces into the Goaish boundless track (and trust me, it works)...and intertwines, almost cascading into the sound of Tim Schuldt's Pretty Poison...it does sound like the beats are falling down, tripping in space..Lucy comes in after the Bamboo Forest track and it is fitting because at the time they are mixed, the main melody of the Lucy track has not yet entered, so the beats flow simultaneously...and of course, I close, making my statement, that mars needs women (that one, needs no explanation)...

And about this demo in particular, it is the first demo I have recorded that I have planned out. Over the course of, say, 2 weeks, different ideas and sounds came to me, and it was simply a matter of compiling them...several times, to create a final set plan... at parties, i randomly choose my set according to the vibe of the crowd and how i interact with them on a certain level..i just wanted to give a planned set a try

Guest Defbydelta Aka: WoodWorma

If i were u i add Simon Posford & Infected Mushroom - I See Myself in the end of the mix.. thats a very nice track thu!!

but its a nice tracklist!

stay dirty!