Toï doï - Sustentator (E-watt records, 2003)

Manuser

Toï doï - Sustentator (E-watt records, 2003)

Posted Image

01 K-One

02 Urani

03 Nebuleuse

04 Aranda

05 Muad'Dib

06 Sustentator

07 Terpsichore

08 Polly Woog

09 J'ad

10 Semaphore

11 So Real

Total Running : 79.26

Different from Technologic, this one is really party oriented, technoish and quite repetitive music. The BPMs are high, the music is twisted, and not very melodic. Seems this french guy turns more and more techno, listen to the samples of his next album "Psyring test". I like techno, but i prefered his "Technologic" album, but hard to make a better one isn't it?

That album should be mixed, it would be even better in my opinion!

Highlights :

04 Aranda, impressive, acidish and technoish killer, huge basslines, huge track. Perhaps my favourite of the album.

02 Urani, nice strange "liquid" melody, and i really like the party atmosphere, it might work on the dancefloor! Coolest track of the album.

08 Polly Woog, i like this weird smiling semi-melody at the beginning, the basslines, the drums, the rhythm in general, and those twisted sounds used in it.

03 Nebuleuse, fast and intense, great acidlines!

06 Sustentator, softer and darker, i like the atmosphere of this track.

Nice work! I really like its party side.

7.5/10. Better play this album on the dancefloor than at home, and it will fully work ;)

I remember when i listened sustentator for the first time, at the end off the album i thought i didn't want to listen to it another time ... not yet, and 2 years have past and i still didn't give another try to explore this music.

Sustentator was disapear of my memory.

I find that dark industrial oriented, with a very nice talent in using sample, but it miss something for me, a light, an history, or maybe one melody. I have to admit i meet some difficulties with technologic too, more archaïc, and more intelligent. To fix the music is not so easy, and sustentator is more digestible.

Not memorable.

I have not really some favorite track, and global note for me is : 5.5/10.

• 7 years later...

I dont have the time now to get super in-depth about the album but I am completely opposite of these other reviews. this album is on the most extreme end of what psychedelic is. you think you know weird sounds or what distortion is? think again! the aliens have landed and they want you fed ear poison. this album is as fun as it is trippy. a good chunk of these songs take those oddities and hypnoticly hypnotize you with their rhythms. animals screeching from the forest. take this album and just do it! play it loud and do something good for yourself 8) I wont give you a score to alter your judgement at all because you should try this out! hopefully thank me later ;D