Would you care to help a noob?

Ok so it has been a few months since i have fruitloops on my Pc

I know that fruity is a good program to start

And is still dont get most of the program features

I dont know for example how to give an effect "life" or how to variety its melody with out creating another pattern. Or how to use the mixer and its controls proprely

So what i do it is create a lot of patterns with only one effect channel(besides the percussion) put them all together and this is it

I dont have any free-vst yet and dont have sytrus either(only the demo version) wich is a shame, affteral it would help a lot to create a better atmosphere

So what i want is if you guys please check it out my tracks and give a feedback and maybe some help on how to get better

The genre i attend is Dark Minimal/prog

and the Fruityloops i use is Vr.4

You can listen on here S.M.R

Obs: The only track wich i actually put some work on it, is OLDJUN and it is the reason of this topic ;)

But you can check it out the other tracks too and especially the ambient one wich is fairly nice for such a begginner

Thanx a lot

hi, i've only heard a little of "oldjun" and theres a serious problem! You have crancked the volume on your kick way too high, instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 - it sounds more like Explosion, Explosion, Explosion, Explosion !

you better open your project and keep an eye on the red lights :)

u got some eq and volume pbs..

there is distortion when u introduce the bass...nice bass btw...

also u need to make it a litttle more interesting, like more variation...

u can use lfo for that, or automation of parameters, like the cutoff of the filter for instance...

then it needs some melody on top...

hi, i've only heard a little of "oldjun" and theres a serious problem! You have crancked the volume on your kick way too high, instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 - it sounds more like  Explosion, Explosion, Explosion, Explosion !

you better open your project and keep an eye on the red lights  :)

276744[/snapback]

Isnt that good? ;)

Now really, i see what you mean, but i am not sure yet if its only the kick itself, cause the kick alone is not very rough and deep, but the bass is very fat and deep and has some eq problems as benf52 said it. So they together has that caotic beat, and maybe cause i use two difrent snares on top of it at every 8 beats too

But to work on this problem for ex, should i eq them on the mixer( and if so, with what?) or should i just turn the volume of both dow a little?

And about to keep an eye on the red lights. Do you mean those two medidor above the "monitor"? The peak meter? Cause if it is only the bass alone make those things go red, so is it a problem of the bass?

u got some eq and volume pbs..

there is distortion when u introduce the bass...nice bass btw...

also u need to make it a litttle more interesting, like more variation...

u can use lfo for that, or automation of parameters, like the cutoff of the filter for instance...

then it needs some melody on top...

276758[/snapback]

Thanks a lot for the feedback benf52 :)

I will work more on this track and variates a bit more and also put some melody on it

And what do you mean by" cutoff of the filter"?

Anyway

Thank you both for the patience and help :)

if your bass makes the peakmeter (master) or on the single track go in red, then you should first try to turn the volume a bit down to make it sound natural. then open a eg-plugin, if not available just use the one's on your mixer (assuming you work in cubase or similar). then remove the lowest freq's (0-100 hertz). you should experiment a bit with this while playing both the bass and the kick.

if this solves your problem then just turn the bass up again

(as you prefer off course) :)

btw, i like your beat ;)

And what do you mean by" cutoff of the filter"?

276780[/snapback]

You've got to open a filter plugin, a kind off effect that filters away certain frequencies from your sounds. Then you automate the cutoff knob/slider of the plugin to make it cut out different frequencies and thus making it sound like the instrument is "moving" if you can see what i mean.

I never use this effect cause i'm to lazy to automate ;)

I think you should concentrate on the real variation, bringing in and out different instruments and sounds and building the track, instead of adding effects. Make it sound good without spectacular effects, and then add them to spice it up =)