Track from 2004 with indian raga singing

Dr. Cheroot

Anyone can identify this for me? It's been stuck in my head for the last week, and i can't seem to remember which track it was, i just remember listening to it a few times last year. Here's what i know:

1) It is track 4 on a compilation released in 2004 - before august.

2) Pretty dark, but not mental dark - it's quite happy but powerful dark. I can't compare to any artist at this point.

3) The singing starts quite late in the track, and there's almost no other breakdowns or samples in the track.

4) The singing i'm talking about is the indian raga style singing - A deep male voice simply goes "aaaa....." with the pitch trembling and rising and falling.... he he, i know it sounds funny, but that's the best description i can give.

Please help. Thanks !!

Is it full on or ambient/chill out?

261678[/snapback]

Oh, very full-on !! That's the best part about it :)

Very good production, not your std. morning full-on with cheesy breakdowns, or the standard dark stuff with mental noises/screams.

Thanks insejn.. i was beginning to give up hope :(

Electric univers- the prayer

try this one..

262250[/snapback]

He he....pretty close, but not the one :(

The one i'm looking for has a male voice, and no lyrics - just the improvization of the cadence. The bassline is also not the goa style, but the newer - damn, i wish i could think of an artist to compare with.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

He he....pretty close, but not the one :(

The one i'm looking for has a male voice, and no lyrics - just the improvization of the cadence. The bassline is also not the goa style, but the newer - damn, i wish i could think of an artist to compare with.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

262386[/snapback]

no problem mate...

i'll keep on thinking... maybe somthing will come up

• 3 weeks later...