V/A - New World Order

RAH

Compilation: Neu World Order

Label: Apocalypse Records

Year: 2005

Format: CD

Web: http://www.apocalypse-records.com

Label Info:

Apocalypse Records was brought into being by the need to support the growing psychedelic dark style. Its foundations are toughened by the talented artists all over the world, older veterans in the scene or the new promising ones. Talented artists from Israel, Russia and Denmark all joined together to rev eal us an obscure and aesthetic quality, a bloom of aggressive rhythms perfect to explode the dance floor.

Posted Image

Songs:

01. Parasense - Sony (Rmx) - (146 BPM’s on A#m)

02. Fungus Funk - Trancefields (Rmx) - (146 BPM’s on A#m)

03. Psychotic Micro - Ghost (Rmx) - (147 BPM’s on A m)

04. Seroxat - Disorientation (Wizard Lizard Rmx) - (148 BPM’s on F m)

05. Azax Syndrome - Evil Force (Rmx) - (146 BPM’s on G m)

06. Winter Demon - Sars (Toxic Rmx) - (148 BPM’s on D m)

07. Seroxat - Death Machine (Rmx) - (148 BPM’s on F#m)

08. Grapes Of Wrath - I Dunno (Rmx) - (147 BPM’s on A#m)

09. Winter Demon - Suffecation (Rmx) – (146 BPM’s on F#m)

The Highlights:

Parasense - Sony Remix

More progressive and organized than his earlier work, striking a bit more melodic with evocative ambient samples and number of arpeggios to back up these claims by the end of the song. The strong and cool bass working in its favor quite well to keep the song fluid.

Seroxat - Disorientation (Wizard Lizard Remix)

Everything except the Halo's chanting monks in the background coming back now and again. They could have done away with that part from the original song, but that’s personal taste. This is a powerful composition and you feel the spiking from Wizard Lizard on the ‘groundwork’ like it’s the Pavarti standard fast and fat. The original song was released last year on the compilation “Oerebro Freak Factory” from Stone Age records. Nice driving full on with the Ph levels brought down a few notches from the norm.

Grapes Of Wrath - I Dunno remix

Monno Wurtz and Jaffa Skouborg like to twiddle out ‘Ultra Spankadelic Power’ Trance, of the magnetic type. This might be a new personal favorite. The whole song is full of strange turns where the only constant might be the hallucinogenic feel of every note and effect. Equipped with an assortment of cartoon-ish samples banging now and again, to keep things light. In the lower end of the frequency ranges we find the usual machine-gun blasting drum work and bass, how else could it sound at 147 BPM's?. It seems like everything in this tune has been amplified for a psychedelic sensory overload, having its output polished like Faberge. Final words? "oink, oink"

we were not particularly fond of much else in this compilation but these days if you hit three/ four good songs is worth a review (in my book)... interesting dark tunes nevertheless. for more reviews check out Sonic-Energy.net

samples by psyshop

• 3 years later...

I’ve loved this album since the first time I listened to it; I’m glad I bought it. It’s dark but not too darkpsy. The production demanded a bit more effort than usual, but it is not overdone… I really like this and it does have a distinctive sound. Yes, there are dull moments, but there is visible effort on the concept. Apocalypse Records apparently vanished in mid air; too bad, because they were on to something good. Here go my two cents.

Parasense - Sonny rmx

Nice way to start de album. It has an undercooked production that gives the track an underground feel. Nice crispy metallic sounds and a few and subtle surprising elements. The mood is rather friendly for a Parasense track. Definitely a favorite.

Fungus Funk - Trancefields rmx

Unarguably, the experimental track in the bunch. It’s a trance remix of The Prodigy’s Mindfields. It kicks off weird (good luck to anyone trying to include this in a set) and then shifts towards the characteristic Fungus Funk style, except with a more meticulous production. The bass is black and slimy and at some point it turns into night time laser madness. I did enjoy a FF trackwith a bit more production than usual.

Psychotic Micro - Ghost rmx

I really liked old Psychotic Micro as much as I hate their new style. This track fits into the new style label. Expect the tradition Psychotic Micro formula: about 5 different 3 note melodies layering on top of each other until your head aches. On the bright side, I found the bass quite playful.

Seroxat - Desorietation ( wizard lizard rmx)

I like old Seroxat, so I was pleased by this song. Screeching sounds here and there and the Wizard Lizard managed to make the track more danceable and less intense. Nice.

Azax Syndrom - Evil Force rmx

I hear the evil, but I can’t feel the force. It has trademark Azax Syndrom production (which I appreciate) but aside from a few twisted, annoying melodies, nothing really happens. There are no surprises and no “please make it stop!” moments. It’s like Regev decided to effortlessly slacker on this one. The original track can be found in the 2004 Inpsyde Media album ‘There is no tomorrow’.

Winter Demon - Sars (toxic rmx)

Now we’re talking! Groovy bass and twisted leads with an undisputable nighttime feel. Not a single dull moment and it is always making me shake my shoulders. My favorite track in the compilation.

Seroxat Death – Death machine rmx

Another one by Seroxat. I like the original version and found this remix rather unnecessary. It’s not bad at all, but could have done better.

Grapes of Wrath - I dunno rmx

Yey! Cartoon sounds! This track is so acid… almost no melody, lots of random noises, nice beats. A well achieved nighttime track with humor is always appreciated.

Winter Demon - Suffocation rmx

This is scary. It’s not Phobos Azazel, but still scary. Notice that this compilation has tracks by Psychotic Micro, Azax Syndrom, and Seroxat and this made me raise an eyebrow. The melodies, screams, and the glitch make me think of blood stains. Well produced, but the vibe is not my thing. The original track comes in the 2004 Paradiso compilation ‘Fear Psychosis’.

Highlights: 1, 2, 6, 8

• 13 years later...