Good vocoders

Hey guys.

I'm looking to find a really good vocoder. The one I have is absolute shite. I have little/no experience with them so some light on the matter would be much appreciated.

Cheers ;)

A good traditional vocoder is the DCVocoder from Akai. Its very simple to use, the carrier waveform can be controlled either via midi or held as a drone. But the better choice would obviously be Vokator, though alot more complicated.

Hey guys.

I'm looking to find a really good vocoder. The one I have is absolute shite. I have little/no experience with them so some light on the matter would be much appreciated.

Cheers ;)

If your looking for a hardware vocoder, the one on the Korg Ms2000 or the MicroKorg is more than reasonable. Really quite flexable.

Andy

If your looking for a hardware vocoder, the one on the Korg Ms2000 or  the MicroKorg is more than reasonable.  Really quite flexable.

Andy

251817[/snapback]

I was actually just looking for a VST vocoder but thanks. I should be getting a Virus Ti sometime later in the year or maybe next year. You can run sounds through it to use its effects channels (and it has a serious collection of FX). If you guys haven't checked that thing out yet I can't recommend it enough (I've brought it up enough times on this forum). The link is http://www.acess-music.de if you'd like to go perv. They're gonna cost about £1600-£2000 depending on where you shop. :rolleyes:

tried to put in a hyperlink to the pic, but it won't show - sorry :huh: