Psynews Contest

I could host the files on my 10mbit connection unlimited transfer. But I don't leave my computer on over night (noisy as hell) and that is just no good. But if we have more people who are willing to host we can have more than one server. Like if you can't connect to one you try the other one etc. The ideal, ofcourse, would be to have one server on fast connection with unlimited transfer (duh).

The bittorrent thing - I don't know but I think there will be fewer downloads. If you need a seeder I'm in :)

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know when you install Azureus, a bittorrent client, it is pretty much already set up as well as it needs to be. Just click and download, and let it seed afterwards. It's that simple, it even priorizes seeding torrents according to how many seeds are there for leecher.

Bittorrent is a way to go, even if you go with the server too, 'cuase it really lessens the server load. You could even up your songs to Pirate Bay with somehow standardized naming scheme so everyone searching for "psynews" would find what they want.

Might i recomend getting a sponsor? That way you can rent a server with super connection. There are pretty allright references "a CD was released world wide on one of our contests". And if lets say (just for fun) RedBull can have their name on anything that is spread world wide, well, i would be interested if i was a RedBull.

Just hide all the drug discussions for a while (if there are any) :D

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...