Ott

Hellhammer

Hello! I'm still scratching the surface on this psy-trance/ambient/chill genre, so forgive me if this question seems idiotic, haha.

My favorite artist so far is easily Ott. I have both Blumenkraft and the Hallucinogen in Dub remixes, both of which are amazing. I bought Blumenkraft on the recommendation of a friend (actually I hardly knew the guy) without ever even having heard of Ott. Well it turned out to be my favorite cd ever!

Anyways, I'm just wondering if there is anything else released/produced/or anything to do with Ott besides these 2 cds. I've searched the internet inside and out trying to find more, but to no avail. It seems there's really not much info about Ott out there.

Also, how would you classify Ott's music? Psy, chill, dub?

And finally, who are some similar artists that I may like as well?

Thank you!

Kev

Hello!  I'm still scratching the surface on this psy-trance/ambient/chill genre, so forgive me if this question seems idiotic, haha.

My favorite artist so far is easily Ott.  I have both Blumenkraft and the Hallucinogen in Dub remixes, both of which are amazing.  I bought Blumenkraft on the recommendation of a friend (actually I hardly knew the guy) without ever even having heard of Ott.  Well it turned out to be my favorite cd ever!

Anyways, I'm just wondering if there is anything else released/produced/or anything to do with Ott besides these 2 cds.  I've searched the internet inside and out trying to find more, but to no avail.  It seems there's really not much info about Ott out there. 

Also, how would you classify Ott's music?  Psy, chill, dub?

And finally, who are some similar artists that I may like as well?

Thank you!

Kev

232965[/snapback]

He dabbled in goa trance under the moniker Eco along with some other bloke, but musically that stuff has nothing in common with the Ott releases.

If I remember corerctly he works as some sort of a studio technician, so most of his musical work is of technical nature.

Discogs link

He's had a few remixes released on compilations in addition to the "In Dub" album, but not anything else that I know of. I guess his music falls into the psychedelic dub category, although it has hints of ambient/downtempo too.

233016[/snapback]

Thank you sir. This is the sort of info I was after! Much appreciated!

He is in the process of writing a second album. You can PM him via isratrance where he likes to lurk and take the piss a lot. He is also a frequentor of the following forum http://x2c.termisoc.org/forum/. I think you should send him a PM and nag him about sorting it out :ph34r:

Have to agree, he is wonderfully talented, and I also have much appreciation for his tunes.