about progressive trace

Asmo

"Sorry I don't see any of Cujoriou's music as much progressive. It's dark minimal and a bit techy in my opinion."

well in mine its progressive... thats why I said genres are not objective classifications :)

Guest .::E.P

"Sorry I don't see any of Cujoriou's music as much progressive. It's dark minimal and a bit techy in my opinion."

well in mine its progressive... thats why I said genres are not objective classifications :)

231299[/snapback]

yes very true :)

But the guy himself dont saw it as progressive. When I spoke to him (admittely some years back) he said he defined it as dark minimal trance. But hey he can of course have changed style. But that specific track you linked was my reference :) I haven't heard any new stuff from him.

In my way imho... all not melodic psy trance < 2000 is called minimal and after 2000 they just named it as progressve so as we stand today now in the psy scéne there is no difference between minimal and progressive...

just a term that's different of time period that's all...

In my way imho... all not melodic psy trance < 2000 is called minimal and after 2000 they just named it as progressve so as we stand today now in the psy scéne there is no difference between minimal and progressive...

just a term that's different of time period that's all...

231682[/snapback]

A lot of the artists that used to make minimal back then make what is called progressive today; however, most progressive today is very melodic. It is more melodic than fullon a lot of the times.

Fair enough. Maybe it's just the party crowd in Hamburg compared to the Cape Town people?!

I never heard Dark Progressive before? Or maybe I have and mistake it for something else?!. Gimme some examples... I'm interested!

231218[/snapback]

honestly haven't read the whole thread ... but if you haven't heard this album already check it out --> Shaman - Foretaste

it's a swedish artist and the music as per my definition is perfect for the swedish outdoor parties ...... in the middle of big dark forests, what can I say :)

however, most progressive today is very melodic. It is more melodic than fullon a lot of the times.

231696[/snapback]

well there's a new vibe withing the progressive scéne starting this year with new melodic influences like freq, lish, soul surfer... I like it but it's not the typical progressive we used to know...

honestly haven't read the whole thread ... but if you haven't heard this album already check it out --> Shaman - Foretaste

233115[/snapback]

Yep Have to agree this is a rather nice album!! There's been lots of nice proggy comps lately as well, I love trance Scandinavia express (turbo trance records), groove zone (Groove zone recs) and that groove one on tatsu (ground grooves??). Can't get enough progressive, I tend to spend lots of time at festys waiting for the progressive to get played....seems like theres a few festys this year that are focusing more on this style, which is always nice.....ramble ramble.....