using voice samples from movies...legal issues..

chiragkotak

hi...

recently i was trying to upload a track to the net and i read in the agreement that no copyright material allowed...

i took a few voice samples of a dvd and used it on that track...and decided not to upload it....

i was just wondering what the system is?? i hear alot of professionally released tracks with various voice samples from movies.... do they get permission for that??? how about if the sample is tweaked till unrecognisable... like pitch shift etc...

thanks...

Oficially you have to get an autorisation, if not they can sue you.

Though nobody will do anything against you unless you sell a great amount 50 or even over 100.000 albums.

230889[/snapback]

true the day your tracks is played on mtv everybody knows but here in the psy scéne we don't have that problem yét...

still I believe there is a difference betwees sampling films of music tracks...

but again I always say It depends of the law in which country...

there isn't an international law about such a subject so :rolleyes:

I dont understand what a big movie firm should have against samples in music. I mean, if I hear a cool sample in a tune I might even get some interest in the movie that sample is taken from. I dont know why the firms should lose any money by the artists indirectly promoting their movies.

I dont understand what a big movie firm should have against samples in music. I mean, if I hear a cool sample in a tune I might even get some interest in the movie that sample is taken from. I dont know why the firms should lose any money by the artists indirectly promoting their movies.

231677[/snapback]

true that's my opinion too but then again kapitalims think in profit perspective and wants money when there's money to collect if you know what I mean...

they don't think in losing money but in winning money

231677[/snapback]

In most cases they don't own the music but only license it. So the artist/label/ publisher who owns it would sue you.

true that's my opinion too but then again kapitalims think in profit perspective and wants money when there's money to collect if you know what I mean...

they don't think in losing money but in winning money

231681[/snapback]

Sad but true :ph34r: